Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 625

Do the 625's require premium fuel??
Old 02-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Southocg
That is just a clean, sano look. From a visual point of view, I don't think there's much better "factory" looking power.
Thats what I think also, and no damm blowers to deal with
Old 02-27-2008, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by specman
Do the 625's require premium fuel??

9.6 to 1...............

Ilmor says premo....

I think 89 at the very least just based on the comp. ratio.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:39 PM

Anyone else?
Old 02-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just curious as to why you think there is something wrong with having blowers? The Merc 700's run very low boost and have excellent dockside manors.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:10 PM

I think what people are saying is;

If they can get the big power without having to add the extra parts, i.e. SC, Blowers, etc. that they would rather have that.

One less part to worry about, one less potential problem yet you still get the big HP.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Registered

I agree with Omerta. I have absolutely nothing against Ilmore and I think they have an awesome product, but the advancement with efi blower motors has come a long way and if you talk to some companies (Teague, Pfaff, Sterling, etc) I think you'd be surprised with how much HP you can get for the same price as an Ilmore with the same warranty. You can't go wrong with Ilmores and I have heard nothing but praise about them, but no need to be afraid of blowers.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
I agree with Omerta. I have absolutely nothing against Ilmore and I think they have an awesome product, but the advancement with efi blower motors has come a long way and if you talk to some companies (Teague, Pfaff, Sterling, etc) I think you'd be surprised with how much HP you can get for the same price as an Ilmore with the same warranty. You can't go wrong with Ilmores and I have heard nothing but praise about them, but no need to be afraid of blowers.

With out a doubt one could certainly make a case for those motor manufactures you've mentioned and several others too.

The only reason I ask the Ilmor question is simply based on the fact that I'm looking at a boat with the 710 in it. I cetainly don't want to down play any of the motors mentioned, they all build phenominal products but if put side by side, would one rather go 700 blown/sc HP or a normally asp. motor?

And the debate will never end.....

Thanx guys (and gals)
Old 02-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Registered

I think I might of skipped over the part that said the boat already has a 710 in it. In that case go for it and I doubt you'll be disappointed. As an example of customer service, Ilmore had a bad batch of valve springs in about 80 motors and the ones that failed and ended up breaking the motors, Ilmore took those engines back and gave out new ones. Definitely a good choice.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
I think I might of skipped over the part that said the boat already has a 710 in it. In that case go for it and I doubt you'll be disappointed. As an example of customer service, Ilmore had a bad batch of valve springs in about 80 motors and the ones that failed and ended up breaking the motors, Ilmore took those engines back and gave out new ones. Definitely a good choice.

80 motors? I think I heard 20 and they ended up changing 10 motors in both directions once they figured which motors had the bad batch of springs..... But yes, perfect example. I've also heard from more then one person a story about Ilmor sticking people on a plane if one lacks a local service/repair facility. Absolutely an A+ from a service point of view.

Quick Reply: Ilmor 710

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.