If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Intercoms?

My Boats:
    1997 Cig Kevlar - powered by Boyd
    Iowa - Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hartigh View Post
    I have sigtronics.

The sps-4sn: $275
    It is the high noise environment one. It comes with two different panel plates. One for vertical mount and one for horizontal mount. It only requires 3 small holes to munt in a panel. The barrels (headset plugs) Are loose and need to be mounted to a mounting plate. I used the mounting plate/cover for a radio shack project box for $2 each. They are 1 x 1-1/2 black plastic with four mounting holes in the corners and chafered edges. You drill two holes in the center for the barrels and place them in the boat near the seats. Another nice thing is the music dims down when you talk.

Micmuff from oregon Aero: $14 ea.
    A must have for total silence.

Av Comm AC200 headsets: $98 ea.
    These are great because they are all stainless and plastic construction. They work great but they will fall off your head at around 90mph in a boat with a low fairing and no wind deflectors. I use small goggles over the headset which holds them in place.

total for 4 person was $731 + 30 for misc wire/supplies.

System works great. At first I had a little bit of wind noise at speeds above 80. Not bad, but I wanted it silent so I ordered the micmuffs. The ones that come with the headsets don't work as good.

Install is a little easier than a stereo system. Expect around 2-4 hours depending on skill level.
    I've been trying to tell people that aviation set ups are way cheaper but they'd rather spend hundreds or thousands more for the same system repackaged with 'marine' in the title

My Boats:
    Spring Lake, MI
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousnolan View Post
    Micmuff from oregon Aero: $14 ea.
    A must have for total silence.

Which ones did you order, do you have a P/N

This is what my invoice lists:

#90015 / MicMuff - Electret Type Mic ------Price $13.00

There number is:

I know the muff is specific to the boom on the headset I listed. If you tell them what you have they will give you the #

Von Bongo,

I agree, My system is dead silent with no shut down noises. Plus the music dims down lightly without a cut off type sound. I have yet to have a problem with it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234