Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is A Boat More Desirable If It's Been In A Magazine???? >

Is A Boat More Desirable If It's Been In A Magazine????

Notices

Is A Boat More Desirable If It's Been In A Magazine????

Old 02-28-2008, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LZH
No, that was another one that I believe sold and is on its way to FLA....hull #1, that has a lot of "history"...Mine is under the knife getting lots of nice upgrades

Very nice......... Good luck with that!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Registered

I had a thread on the mag with the P-29 and Mikeyo was nice enough to give it up. The reason I was after it is just thought it would be cool to have. I've been researching on whats out there so when mine sells I'll have a few to chose from. The magazine is just part of the dream.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LZH
Apply the same criteria to a woman in Playboy and I think you have your answer !!!
HA HA! Having sex with a Playboy bunny may give you "bragging rights", but that's all. I'll take a beautiful woman anytime. If she's been in a magazine, I don't care.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
HA HA! Having sex with a Playboy bunny may give you "bragging rights", but that's all. I'll take a beautiful woman anytime. If she's been in a magazine, I don't care.

If you were able to get some pictures with the Playboy bunny, that would be braggin rights.........
Old 02-28-2008, 09:49 PM
LZH
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
Me too - she's never been in a magazine (that I know of ) but beauty and desireability are in the eye of the beholder.
Attached Thumbnails Is A Boat More Desirable If It's Been In A Magazine????-bac.jpg  

Last edited by LZH; 02-28-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think it triples the value of the boat!!!! (My boat was in May, 2006). Just kidding about the value. However, I do get a lot of comments and people asking if mine is the boat that was in Powerboat Mag. But mine is a custom one off paint also. If you find the right buyer, I think it will increase value a little.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by THLWL
I think it triples the value of the boat!!!! (My boat was in May, 2006). Just kidding about the value. However, I do get a lot of comments and people asking if mine is the boat that was in Powerboat Mag. But mine is a custom one off paint also. If you find the right buyer, I think it will increase value a little.

If nothing else, it certainly raises interest. That in turn could raise value...

Thanx
Old 02-28-2008, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by LZH
Me too - she's never been in a magazine (that I know of ) but beauty and desireability are in the eye of the beholder.

Clean, one owner, low miles, fresh paint, non-smoker.
Worth double................
Old 02-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's a selling point, something you mention in the ad. But if you took two of the exact same boats, one was in a mag, the other not, would you pay extra for the boat that was in the mag?......I wouldn't.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

A Hummer dealer in Houston showcases an H2 up on their roof. I was there one day when a buyer had to have the one off the roof even though an exact model set on the ground. He paid to have a 75 ton crane remove it from the roof.

Quick Reply: Is A Boat More Desirable If It's Been In A Magazine????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.