Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wow! Saw My First $4+/Gal. Gas on Land! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/181173-wow-saw-my-first-%244-gal-gas-land.html)

Ca$hed Out 03-03-2008 08:44 PM

I was in Holland last week and they pay 1.50 Euro per litre. This is 2.25 USD at almost 4 litres per gallon. Due the math on that one although I realize it is relative.

This is killing me. My primary driver is my diesel dually (whih I only have because of my boat) and I trailer mine each weekend.

Don't we have a stop the bleeding smiley? Someone needs to creat one of them...

OshkoshThunder 03-03-2008 09:13 PM

Somebody PLEASE tell me where you can buy fuel for a boat cheaper than the the good 'ol US, and stop all this whinning!!! If you can't afford the boat, car, or SUV, then sell it and move to Canada where you can get free health care (IF YOU CAN QUALIFY FOR IT!)(Oh, and let me remind you that your taxes in Canada to subsidise fuel cost and health care are on average 52%). That's right!!! If you want to have that lifestyle, then keep supporting the activists that don't want to drill for fossil fuels in Alaska and Florida. OR - quit whinning and help people that make things happen for our cause AND OUR COUNTRY! Sorry to be so terse, but I know there are a lot of boaters out there that agree with this. Call me George Carlin if you want - then I can identify you as one of the WHINNERS! PLEASE NOTICE I SAID WHINNER, not

POSITIVE WINNER!

h2oboater 03-03-2008 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by littlenige (Post 2468366)
Whatever it costs over there in your neck of the woods - try coming to Europe!!! Extortionate!!!!

True your gas is is higher, but in Europe & Canada don't you have Socialize Medicine that is paid in part by higher gas tax ? Here in the States I pay $1250.00 a month for Medical for myself and two son's, plus a high duductible. Medical cost are a big problem here, so there are many things to consider with the price of gas difference.

OshkoshThunder 03-03-2008 09:26 PM

Satisfied One,

Hope this Country Shuts Down??? Only if Hillary or Obama get in. If they do, you will have your wish, because we won't have a county as you now it, where men and women fight for the right for people like you to have opinions like that, say stupid s**t like that and disrespect our military. I think I have the right to order a burger at McDonalds in ENGLISH. Don't EVEN get me started! I have a lot of friends in Iraq and AF, and Kuwait that talk to me every day and tell me that we are the best thing for the women, children, and good working men of those soon to be free countries. Please PM me so I can enlighten you.

lightning jet 03-03-2008 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2468584)
Take note everyone this is what we have to look forward to if we get the Dems in office!!!

correct me if I'm rong but BUSH is an oil man (right)..........RECORD PROFFITS

satisfied1 03-05-2008 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by OshkoshThunder (Post 2470068)
Satisfied One,

Hope this Country Shuts Down??? Only if Hillary or Obama get in. If they do, you will have your wish, because we won't have a county as you now it, where men and women fight for the right for people like you to have opinions like that, say stupid s**t like that and disrespect our military. I think I have the right to order a burger at McDonalds in ENGLISH. Don't EVEN get me started! I have a lot of friends in Iraq and AF, and Kuwait that talk to me every day and tell me that we are the best thing for the women, children, and good working men of those soon to be free countries. Please PM me so I can enlighten you.

Man did you have one to many this day you went off on your tangent? I just paid 3.949 for diesel here in Bloomington IL. The rest of your rant means nothing to me. I am NOT getting in to a political bash with you on here. Go lay down.. By the way I am a vet and the war is a piece of SHIIIT get out now

MacGyver 04-25-2008 11:30 AM

Just saw it on CNN. A station on HWY 1 in California is charging $5.40 a gallon for gas. This can't be good :(

Wildman_grafix 04-25-2008 11:52 AM

Gas here in indiana today is
$3.5; 3.6, 3.7
Diesel 4.19

BTW diesel has been 4.15 to 4.19 here for more then two months. makes the better mileage they get go away.

Check this link out.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gassta...?zip=&src=Netx

PhantomChaos 04-25-2008 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by MacGyver (Post 2538132)
Just saw it on CNN. A station on HWY 1 in California is charging $5.40 a gallon for gas. This can't be good :(

Probably in Big Sur

PhantomChaos 04-25-2008 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2468584)
Take note everyone this is what we have to look forward to if we get the Dems in office!!!

Uh....take note who is in office now when it is happening! :)