Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Wow!  Saw My First $4+/Gal. Gas on Land! >

Wow! Saw My First $4+/Gal. Gas on Land!

Notices

Wow! Saw My First $4+/Gal. Gas on Land!

Old 04-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That $5.40 per gallon is at the Goffs offramp of the I-40 on the road to Laughlin (Harley run) and Lake Havasu (desert storm). I'll be going by about 7 AM tomarrow, will take a picture if it is true...
Old 04-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by burtandnancy
That $5.40 per gallon is at the Goffs offramp of the I-40 on the road to Laughlin (Harley run) and Lake Havasu (desert storm). I'll be going by about 7 AM tomarrow, will take a picture if it is true...
The rob your a@@ stations in Needles are probaly not far off. Goffs you only stop there if your going to run out and then just enough to get you to the next station!

I wish I had the weekend off so I could buy some high priced gas and go boating! Those with long commutes for work I feel for you i am lucky i am close enough to ride a bicycle if I was not so lazy.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:24 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Uh....take note who is in office now when it is happening!
Funny.... I never made that post.... must have left myself logged on at some ones house... OOOOPS

I know it don't matter who is in the office, there are other much stronger forces in play hear and we are not going to stop tell about 5-6 bucks a gallon is my guess.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

It's a global oil shortage. Any presidential candidate promising to reduce gasoline prices is lying, unless they are promising to blow up China and India.

Michael
Old 04-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Registered

its very ironic how the media just announce the 2 most profitable companies in the US are Exxon and Chevron with 275+billions in "net revenues" each.I dont think theres an oil shortage;its more of a moral one.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by matador
its very ironic how the media just announce the 2 most profitable companies in the US are Exxon and Chevron with 275+billions in "net revenues" each.I dont think theres an oil shortage;its more of a moral one.
Problem with the media is they are a bunch of dumb@sses who couldn't read an income statement if their life depended on it. Even if their profit was zero, gas would still be close to $4 a gallon, because crude is so high now. Exxon is actually losing money in their US operations.

Now what I'm pissed about is that Chevron can't keep their pump receipt printers working. You'd think if you are going to spend over $60 in gas at $4.169 a gallon, they could keep a printer working. Nooooo. This has happened at every Chevron station I have gone to. Then you have to go in, and deal with station attendants who are a bunch of rude idiots.

I wish they had a fan right next to the register.

Michael
Old 04-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

bend over Boys ........

"Democrats have a commonsense plan to help bring down
skyrocketing gas prices . . ."
- Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, April 24, 2006

Two years ago today, and with much fanfare, the Democrats announced their "commonsense plan" to lower gas prices and spoke of the need to make more of America's energy available to the American people.

When Democrats took control of the Senate last January, gas was $2.32 per gallon according to AAA. Since then gas has risen to $3.53 per gallon.

So where is the Democrat plan you might ask? Well, there is none!

While Americans are paying $3.50 per gallon, Senate Democrats are pushing for the largest tax increase in American history. Higher taxes on income, gains, estates, etc. The last thing our economy needs right now is a tax hike.

Instead of focusing on creating more American energy, Senate Democrats have voted to raise taxes on American energy companies, while giving tax breaks to Hugo Chavez's state-owned oil company.

Thankfully John McCain has offered a plan to help hard working Americans with the rising cost of gas. McCain has introduced legislation that would suspend the federal gas and diesel tax from Memorial Day to Labor Day -- traditionally, a big season for travel.

But, as they have done before, Senate Democrats who owe their majority to environmental extremists have kept important energy bills bottled up in committees -- we can't afford letting them do this to Sen. McCain's bill.

The skewed priorities of Democrats have made it clear to voters that they are not well represented by Senate Democrats, who lack a clear understanding of the problems and challenges everyday Americans face.

I have said it before and it deserves repeating -- the costs of a Democrat Senate are clear and mounting. Raising taxes on Americans now could be disastrous.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
It's a global oil shortage. Any presidential candidate promising to reduce gasoline prices is lying, unless they are promising to blow up China and India.

Michael
No it's not. There is no global oil shortage, or gas shortage, or anything. And demand is not at a level that would warrant these prices.

It's speculation and a weak dollar driving up oil prices.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
No it's not. There is no global oil shortage, or gas shortage, or anything. And demand is not at a level that would warrant these prices.

It's speculation and a weak dollar driving up oil prices.
Since oil production has been flat since 2005 at about 85 million barrels a day, while demand has been increasing over 2 percent a year, I can't think of any reason why oil prices wouldn't go up, can you? China's demand for oil is doubling every 10 years.

Some of the oil price gains may be speculation, but you know what happens to speculators after a while. All you have to do is look at the housing market. Everybody and his brother sees easy money, and that's just when it comes crashing down.

Michael

Last edited by Michael1; 04-26-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OshkoshThunder
Somebody PLEASE tell me where you can buy fuel for a boat cheaper than the the good 'ol US, and stop all this whinning!!! If you can't afford the boat, car, or SUV, then sell it and move to Canada where you can get free health care (IF YOU CAN QUALIFY FOR IT!)(Oh, and let me remind you that your taxes in Canada to subsidise fuel cost and health care are on average 52%). That's right!!! If you want to have that lifestyle, then keep supporting the activists that don't want to drill for fossil fuels in Alaska and Florida. OR - quit whinning and help people that make things happen for our cause AND OUR COUNTRY! Sorry to be so terse, but I know there are a lot of boaters out there that agree with this. Call me George Carlin if you want - then I can identify you as one of the WHINNERS! PLEASE NOTICE I SAID WHINNER, not

POSITIVE WINNER!
So what have you done to help the situation?

Quick Reply: Wow! Saw My First $4+/Gal. Gas on Land!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.