Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tres Martin Performance School (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/181185-tres-martin-performance-school.html)

Xchoke03 04-03-2008 08:22 AM

We are looking for another participant for April 15th class in Toms River NJ, anyone interested can PM myself or the boys Directly !!!

Tres 04-04-2008 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by socalstone (Post 2511139)
Do you have a date for Lake Norman?

I don't see one on the 08 schedule.

When one person starts it, they all follow. If you sign up say fro this summer, more than likely so do others, it will be added to the schedule just as the others have.

laszlo01 02-17-2009 01:45 PM

Just sent you guys my Info, Pat @ active thunder recommended your school and I see you will be in Michigan in may, put me on the list, and I just bought a 2005 37 A/T AVH. Laszlo

RaggedEdge 02-17-2009 08:06 PM

Simple question here ............

It is my understanding that when taking these courses you are not allowed to operate the boat even under the supervision of the instructor. It would seem to me that there would be no substitute for seat time with someone that has vast experience in the safe operation of high perf boats. I have seen on here that it has to do with insurance./?

The reason I ask is ............ You can enroll your 16 yr old in a driving school / class and they put them in the drivers seat and teach them the do's and dont's, so why wouldn't the same hold true here?

Don't take this wrong, but why if an insurance company will discount a policy to an insured for taking this course won't they cover you if you are teaching the individual hands on how to properly operate the boat?

laszlo01 02-17-2009 08:19 PM

I was under the impression you bring your own boat and have instructor time with you in your own boat. Is this not true ? Someone let me know how this works.

bcschoe 02-17-2009 09:41 PM

This is a skill based Instructional Technology designed program. All students must demonstrate (Drive) proper operation of specific terminal performance objectives in order to become certified.

Laszlo01... You are correct.

Tres 02-18-2009 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 2802476)
Simple question here ............ .

It is my understanding that when taking these courses you are not allowed to operate the boat even under the supervision of the instructor. It would seem to me that there would be no substitute for seat time with someone that has vast experience in the safe operation of high perf boats. I have seen on here that it has to do with insurance./?

The reason I ask is ............ You can enroll your 16 yr old in a driving school / class and they put them in the drivers seat and teach them the do's and dont's, so why wouldn't the same hold true here?

Don't take this wrong, but why if an insurance company will discount a policy to an insured for taking this course won't they cover you if you are teaching the individual hands on how to properly operate the boat?

Wrong , You will Operate your boat, under our instruction. You have to demostate that you can drive your boat with the new taught skills. You do have seat time. It was for a few years ago, where people wanted to drive our boat. You will learn alot more than you think

Quinlan 02-18-2009 10:44 AM

I am ready!!

Quinlan

laszlo01 02-18-2009 11:09 AM

Ok great, that was my understanding as well, sent you my info sign me up for the Mi event in may.