Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   HTM won't give back the deposit !!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/18124-htm-wont-give-back-deposit.html)

thunderdan 03-10-2002 12:53 PM

Stone,

Have they begun production on your boat. When did you order it and when is it scheduled to be done.

Fever500 03-10-2002 01:04 PM

WEll I don't see any NEW info in the latest post from Stoned... Just more bashing without details. It kind of takes away from the validty of the post.

What's the story, there, STONE?

Miller 03-10-2002 02:45 PM

I wasn't going to comment on this thread but now think it's appropriate. Stone has not yet provided any information about his dispute with HTM, so I would be inclined to disregard his comments at this point. If there is a problem than stop blowing hot air and state the facts as perceived. Don't waste our time with innuendos.

What boat did you order? When was it ordered? When was it scheduled for completion? Has the boat been started? Why are you unhappy? At what point did you notify the company that you wanted to cancel the order and what was the response? What were your reasons for cancelling the order? What steps have you taken to date? Where are you in the process of resolving the dispute? Who at HTM did you deal with?

These are simple questions that Stone should be able to answer. If not, than I suspect that his story is full of holes. We'll see what kind of response we get.

H2Xmark 03-10-2002 05:01 PM

Well:confused:

MIKEHTMSR24 03-10-2002 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Stone I'm not for ya. I'm not mad at ya either. I can understand why you don't want to answer our ?'s. Out of respect of keeping it between HTM and your family? If this is the case then why in the H did you even post! Seems two faced to me. :confused:

Roy 03-10-2002 08:42 PM

I've always known HTM to want a $5000 deposit. Why was yours only $2000

skat 03-10-2002 08:45 PM

No one likes to make waves and based on what has happened to HTM bashing is wrong. I am a long time reader and do not feel the need to comment very often either. That does not make my information any less valid. I will give you what details I know of another bad HTM report and follow it up with serial numbers and dates if you like (not tonight). My neighbor here on the lake (I live in AL) attended the CA boat show last year and ordered a boat from HTM. Many headaches, bad feelings, and missed dead lines later he received his "New" HTM 24. He had up graded to a B-MAX for the HP he had in the boat. The first time he drove it he ran it into his boat house. Keep in mind this is an experienced boater, his drive hung in gear. He got little help from HTM on his drive problem and took his boat to FL to be fixed. The B-Max boys told him he had a used drive. Not only was it used, it was one of the first they built before they started serializing the units (the first 3 or 4)! HTM hung up on him and denied his drive was used. Finally they admitted it might have been a rebuilt drive but not a used drive. He asked if they would explain the difference, after all he paid alot of money for a new drive. If the tragedy had not taken the steam out of him, he would be sueing HTM now. No bashing, just the facts.

jbrauer 03-11-2002 06:18 AM

Skat - did your freind with the HTM used to have an Awesome cat?

skat 03-11-2002 07:38 AM

Yes, that's the friend. I believe he still has it for sale.

cashmoney 03-11-2002 08:06 AM

Now skat..That is something that will make your blood boil..I really doubt that was the first time they did that , It is probably commen pratice.We can call that FRAUD or THEFT or whatever you like.But it is just plain wrong..Arguing with HTM over a deposit is one thing but outright defrauding a paying custumer in this very competitive market could be suicide.I would love for HTM to give a explanation that would straighten this out but seeing that they already admitted to the fraud then that probably won't happen..
Hope your friend sues them silly