Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Last Chance (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/181313-last-chance.html)

thisistank 03-08-2008 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Hot Duck (Post 2475325)
OK. The final decision has been made so I'll give you a hint. Check out the avatar in post # 9 of this thread. :p:D

SWEEEEEET! Congrats...I was trying to get my buddy to buy your boat as a second boat (he already has a T/S cig) but it was a no-go.

Anyway, I thought that black "Step 7" was over seas.

Hot Duck 03-08-2008 09:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2477231)
SWEEEEEET! Congrats...I was trying to get my buddy to buy your boat as a second boat (he already has a T/S cig) but it was a no-go.

Anyway, I thought that black "Step 7" was over seas.

It's a 39, but not that one. Sorry for the confusion.

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 2477166)
congrats Will, is it brand new or slightly run? Can you come over to the bay this year with it?

It's used. I really considered new, but I am afraid to jump into that kind of investment with people talking about a recession coming, not to mention the uncertainty of the upcoming Presidential election. Our business greatly depends on the economy because when money gets tight, one of the first things that people cut out are vacations. We are lucky that Ocean City is within driving distance for a lot of people, so the economy doesn't hurt us as badly as it does some other locations, but you can still see a difference when the economy changes.

Along with Cigarette I also considered a new Active Thunder and a new 41 Pantera, but again I didn't want to jump into a hole that deep so I ended up going with the 2005 39 that is at Fastboats. Yep, the "ugly one" with the "homo seats." That seems to be the consensus on it from the comments I found in other threads, but the price was right, it fits the bill for what the family wants, I still get to go fast and Fastboats was willing to take the Apache on trade.

I know a lot of people don't like the boat for the paint job and/or the center steer, but it has a lot of potential and I don't think that it's really that bad the way it is. I am not crazy about some things in the paint job, but I can live with it for now. We may be able to simply make a few small changes to it to really make the paint work. As for the center steer, I personally like it after having it in the Apache, so I am not concerned with having the homo seats again. Besides, those seats allow for an enclosed head that the family will certainly like.

Anyhow, the plan is to run the boat this season as is and then look at changing some stuff this coming winter, depending on how business goes this summer. The first job would be the paint and interior and then a few years down the road when the 525s get to their rebuilt point I will add more power. The engines have 200 hours on them now, so my only real concerns are the headers and drives. We will get the headers checked out before summer and go through the drives and freshen them up if needed. Other than that it should be ready to go.

That's the condensed version of the whole story.

Oh yea, we will be up on the bay some this summer. We won't make the Thunder run because I have already registered for the Jacksonville run that same weekend, but I am planning to attend Rock the Bay and the races in Cambridge.

Hot Duck 03-08-2008 09:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more pictures.

thisistank 03-08-2008 09:33 PM

I personally think that paint job is bad azz...And I suppose you only have to worry about a "homo seat" if you or the person next to you is a homo:D:D

By the way, I think I took that picture of it leaving Bite marina in Key west during the 05 worlds.

Hot Duck 03-08-2008 09:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
OK. I am completely bored so here are a few more.

Hot Duck 03-08-2008 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2477264)
I personally think that paint job is bad azz...And I suppose you only have to worry about a "homo seat" if you or the person next to you is a homo:D:D

By the way, I think I took that picture of it leaving Bite marina in Key west during the 05 worlds.

It looks good, but I am not crazy about the areas where the orange and red come together, mostly around the cockpit and engine hatch. We might be able to change that orange to the faded yellow color and get away with it. We'll see.

They might be your pictures. I believe the thread that the water shots came from did say that they were taken in KW in 2005. I searched for info about this boat and read pretty much everything I could find.

offshoredrillin 03-08-2008 09:43 PM

Looks great, i wouldnt change the paint either. Someone else said the same thing about center steer. His quote was "if your that worried about someone that close to you, the boat is the least of your problems" HP is a smart man :D

thisistank 03-08-2008 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Hot Duck (Post 2477274)
It looks good, but I am not crazy about the areas where the orange and red come together, mostly around the cockpit and engine hatch. We might be able to change that orange to the faded yellow color and get away with it. We'll see.

They might be your pictures. I believe the thread that the water shots came from did say that they were taken in KW in 2005. I searched for info about this boat and read pretty much everything I could find.

Agreed. The only part of the paint I'd change is the goldish/yellow dash really. It looks great the way it is. No shame in your game:D

Wonder what randy and Craig will sell your apache for since it didn't move for 130k. It's not that it wasn't WELL worth it at 130, poblem was most likely no one would finance it due to it's age.

Hot Duck 03-08-2008 10:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2477276)
Agreed. The only part of the paint I'd change is the goldish/yellow dash really......

The dash needs to be changed to match the yellow/tan color of the interior I think. Change that along with some of the orange on red and it might work out.

Hot Duck 03-08-2008 10:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The interior changes could be as simple as changing the carpet. Again the orange and red combo just doesn't work for me, but that is an easy fix. That and spin the toilet around some so it's not all jammed up in the corner. We'll start there and see what happens inside.