Notices

Last Chance

Old 04-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that thing puts out a tail like a #6..... good stuff will, i guess you back to the 450, and sellin the pete......
Old 04-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
that thing puts out a tail like a #6..... good stuff will, i guess you back to the 450, and sellin the pete......
Yep. The Pete will be on the market in the next few days. I have a list of people that requested that I send them an e-mail when it was available, so I will e-mail them and then get it listed on all of the boat, truck, horse, race, etc sites. The money from the Pete will be used to pay off the Cigarette. Like the Apache, it will be sad to see the truck go, but it will open up a lot of space in the garage!

The decision and debate about trading the Apache really went on in my head right up until I signed the papers. No joke. I really loved that boat, so this Cig has a lot to live up to.

Here is a short clip of the Cigarette at the ramp.

http://media.putfile.com/Cig-39-2
Old 04-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good stuff....
Old 04-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Cigarette is a 10 and I would leave it as is. Congratulations
Old 04-06-2008, 09:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

nice will, congrats...see you on the bay more this year?
Old 04-07-2008, 06:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
nice will, congrats...see you on the bay more this year?
Right now we are planning to be in Cambridge for the races and up in North East for the Rock the Bay poker run. We will be in Jacksonville the first week in June for that run, so we will miss the Thunder on the Bay that same weekend.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ok. Now who wants the Peterbilt? I have to send out a few promised e-mails about it now that it is available and then I'll get an ad up in the classifieds in the next few days. I am gonna bombard this thing and market it to the horse people, the boat people and the car racing people. It could be useful to anybody towing a big trailer because it will already handle both gooseneck and bumper pull trailers and a 5th wheel hitch can easily be added.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Charlie Glide

Yeah, I've found that Apaches are almost impossible to sell for a decent price. I was plagued with a 47 footer with no power. The thing was for sale all winter and nobody even called about it. It was a triple engine boat that used to have a trio of Chief engines. It would cost at least $250K for the engines alone, not to mention all of the re-rigging and everything else that needs to be done on a 20+ year old boat. Nobody in their right mind is going to put that much money into a boat when they could easily get a brand new Fountain for the same price with a warranty and no headaches.

I finally said the hell with it and went to a local performance boat dealer. I asked him what he'd give me for it and we agreed on $10K for the boat and trailer. He'll probably sell it for twice that, but I needed to get rid of that monster. I got tired of my neighbors saying, "And all this time I thought the Titanic was sitting at the bottom of the ocean." That dealer got a hell of a lot more than he bargained for, that's for sure.