Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/181315-re-rig-conversion-pics-pulse-drive-bravo.html)

AIR TIME 03-05-2008 10:53 AM

if you haven't ordered the 2'' shortie they make 3'' which might work better with a B1 prop. higher you go less bow lift. my baja had to much bow lift went with a 2'' shortie its great.

Young Performance 03-05-2008 03:11 PM

The owner supplied a pair of XR uppers, so the 2" shortie is all that will fit. You have to use the IMCO upper in order to use the 3" shortie. I have actually made a 3" shortie work on an XR before. It took a lot of cutting and making a few plates to close up the holes. I don't really want to do it again as it was not easy or quick to do.
Thanks for the reply, Eddie.

TUFFboat 03-05-2008 09:03 PM

Pantera28-650HP So when patching you dont rebuild the whole transom? I thought you had to. I might be going down that road and was really concerned.

Great job.
Sorry to get off topic for a second... but, can I assume that your problem is still unresolved? What are you planning?

Frequency 03-05-2008 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 2472089)
if you haven't ordered the 2'' shortie they make 3'' which might work better with a B1 prop. higher you go less bow lift. my baja had to much bow lift went with a 2'' shortie its great.

I have the opposite problem. Inner strakes run all the way back to the transom. Too much stern lift for a surface drive setup on an Envision hull. I will end up 1/2" below spec on a hull that really needs bow lift, so I'm not concerned with being a little deep.

Yes, I will miss the nice rooster tail, along with a few other features. The overall performance enhancements of the bravo's should make for a better boating experience.

Let the outdrive carnage begin! :D:D

Young Performance 03-07-2008 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Frequency (Post 2473257)
Let the outdrive carnage begin! :D:D

That's a big 10-4!!!

Pantera28
The patch panel that you see was only put in place to cover the existing hole so we could lay glass on the outside of the boat to fill in the hole. Once the glass is built up on the outside, it is faired in with the rest of the transom and gelcoated. On the inside, we removed the inner layer of glass and all but the outer layer of plywood across the entire transom. We then glass in more plywood and fiberglass to build the transom back up to just over 2" thick. You don't want to remove all of the wood or disturb the outer layer of fiberglass. You would never be able to blend in the glass if you cut out the entire transom. The outer layer of glass should always stay intact. You remove as much of the inside glass and wood as possible and build it back up. The picture shows just the first step. I didn't take any pictures of the rest of the wood and glass until it was painted. I just got into it and forgot. I really wish I would have since it would have been easier to describe with more pics.
Thanks, Eddie.

glassdave 03-07-2008 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP (Post 2473224)
. . . . . fibeerglass. . .

hehe . . . :D . . . never heard that term.

That is going to be a bomber transom layed up like that. looks great an keep the pics coming:cool-smiley-011:

Young Performance 03-08-2008 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 2475139)
That is going to be a bomber transom layed up like that. looks great an keep the pics coming:cool-smiley-011:

I definetely think the transom will outlive us all. It is very strong. It needs to be with all that Young Performance power in it.:D:D:D

twanger 03-10-2008 09:38 AM

Frequency-
Looks great. Where are you going to start for props?