Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo >

Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo

Notices

Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo

Old 03-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo

Here are a few pics that I thought you guys might want to see. It is a 32' Envision that had a twin Pulse Drive with ZF transmissions and Young Performance Marine 650 EFI's. The boat is now being coverted to Bravo's. It's not complete, but well on the way. I will post more pics as it progresses. Enjoy, Eddie.

Before pics:
Attached Thumbnails Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-gregs-envision-013-large-.jpg   Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-gregs-envision-014-large-.jpg   Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-gregs-envision-001-medium-.jpg  

Old 03-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Registered

More before and during pics:
Attached Thumbnails Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-gregs-envision-002-medium-.jpg   Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-gregs-envision-007-medium-.jpg   Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-gregs-envision-003-medium-.jpg  

Old 03-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Registered

During pics:
Attached Thumbnails Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-envision-005-large-.jpg   Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-envision-006-large-.jpg   Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-envision-007-large-.jpg  

Old 03-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Registered

A few more pics:
Attached Thumbnails Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-envision-001-large-.jpg   Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-envision-002-large-.jpg   Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-envision-004-large-.jpg  

Old 03-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Registered

Holes cut, transom completed and bilge painted, finally!!!
Attached Thumbnails Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-envision-008-large-.jpg   Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-envision-009-large-.jpg   Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo-envision-010-large-.jpg  

Last edited by Young Performance; 03-03-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Looks good. Prop shafts looks like they are going to be burried. Whats the X?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Nice! . . . i love these kinda threads. What was the reason for dropping the PulseDrives? I am considering one for a single screw project i have.

Keep the pics coming.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Registered

I would have loved to have the drives a little higher, but do to the rear seat/ hatch design, I can't. It has what Envision calls XS seating. It is a U shaped rear seat that really invades the engine compartment and causes hatch clearance issues. That is why the boat got rigged with the Pulse Drive in the first place. Envision said that twin Bravo's could not be done with this seating arrangement.
I got the X from Envision. Due to hatch clearance, I had to go 2 1/2" below Envision's recommendation. We will run a 2" IMCO shorty, so we will only be 1/2" lower than Envision's preferred height. I'm sure the X could have been raised above what the factory said, but we just don't have the hatch clearance.
Eddie
Old 03-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
Nice! . . . i love these kinda threads. What was the reason for dropping the PulseDrives? I am considering one for a single screw project i have.

Keep the pics coming.
I read the entire thread you had going on Sean H's boat about a month ago. I had read over 10 pages before I realized the thread was that old. Still made for some great reading. I learned a few things and laughed my a$$ off.
The Pulse Drive is a really nice piece. Their props aren't much. We had some adapters made to go from their square drive to a Merc spline so we could run any prop, not just what Pulse Drive had. That really made all the difference in the world when I went to a 5 blade Merc cleaver. The boat just has too much natural stern lift for a surface drive. It has some huge strakes, and really got loose in the back end over 75 mph. I know of at least 4 other guys who run a Pulse Drive on older Cigs and love them. They seem to work real well on older, heavier conventional bottom boats. However, I knew a guy who had a single on a 21' Seebold. Very small, very light boat. It had some pretty big power and was a rocket. The guy swore by the Pulse Drive. Thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. What are you thinking about putting it on?

Eddie
Old 03-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Cool project!
Dean

Quick Reply: Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.