Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Newbie with ???'s (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/181513-newbie-s.html)

PARADOX 03-06-2008 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Samurai87 (Post 2474455)
well I'm not surea bout niceguy but my price range is substantially lower then the average guy in this as is my age!!!! I am trying to keep it under 30k and preferably under 25k.......in between 24-29' prolly single engine....and as far as use, I would like to run fast, but also get some airtime "if" that is possible with the boat in my price range.

Got it Sam.. So here's what you do. YOu buy my Infinity 26' for $12,000 with the 454 Mag. YOu get some headers for it, a blower, and you'l get 80 + MPH with only about 6-7 thou,
Change the seat, You would want bolsters, and you'r done and close or under 20 grand. This boat was in Hot Bot Mag and 3rd in the Pier 33/Thundermarine Poker Run.
When you ready to step up, you can keep the motor or ?? whatever. Air time?? after driving the Infinity I learned to fly a Cestna. :evilb:

Samurai87 03-06-2008 07:58 PM

ok so whats the catch? lol i mean **** man you make it sound like all my dreams will come true with that boat...do you have pictures? I'm not gonna lie to you I am not ready to buy anytimne soon. But I would love to see the boat.

PARADOX 03-06-2008 08:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
What color do you want it? It's being repainted, I have pics with the original color. If I won't sell it.. I will take it to LOTO and use it a few times in the Lake. THe Formula I have I will keep for a while. It's a great weekend boat, and my new baby is arriving in late March for the Sarasota run. I'm in no hurry, catch?? lol no catch, cash,
It was clocked at 69.3 MPH with standard set up, at the Mississippi kilo run. YOu can always add horse power and speed a little later.
Attachment 329499

Attachment 329500

Samurai87 03-06-2008 08:28 PM

looks great, If i had 12k I would be talkiing about a visit. what year is it? how is the cabin space. I know you dont get much for 26' but I would like to be able to spend a weeknd on the boat if possible...maybe at least an over night

Samurai87 03-06-2008 08:30 PM

Right now I am 20 so there is literally NO rush to purchase anything. My goal is to pay off my truck and THEN either pay cash for a boat or put a hefty downpayment and finance a small portion. That way it doesnt affect my monthly expenses and is not a burden..just fun!!!

PARADOX 03-06-2008 08:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
PLanty of cabin room, porta potti, I used to overnight all the time.
Attachment 329502

Attachment 329503

Attachment 329504

Samurai87 03-06-2008 08:42 PM

jeeze, why cant i have 12k laying round hte house somewhere hahaha. I wouldnt even need blowers right now I would be plenty happy with 69mph, maybe paint, and a lil interior refresh.....maybe some new acces.. gauges stuff like that and it would be golden!!!

PARADOX 03-06-2008 08:56 PM

It's OK Sam. I know what you mean. I'm no hurry but I can finance some also. The "X" dim on this is custom, 1" higher then standard so it's faster. Corsa silent choise, through transom exhaust. (the damn thing can be prety loud) twin piston sport trim tabs, new stereo with 4 speakers, CD. Marine VHF radio, and trailer included. ohh it's a 1994.
Mostly fresh water, a few times in the ocean always flushed.
It's a great boat but I have enough toys. some of them got to go.

Samurai87 03-06-2008 09:22 PM

I have to say paradox, the guys on this forum just in the short time i have been a member (all of 4 days). You guys are some of the nicest group of people out of any forum I have frequented. I really appreciate your time and help and pictures and everything. I know new guys can be quiet annoying on forums. So thanks for your patience as well.

Michael1 03-06-2008 11:23 PM

If anything, I would say take your time. There is more to this hobby than meets the eye, and a lot of tradeoffs. That's what make it so interesting, and worth perusing everyday. I would have made some expensive blunders except for the advice I got from people on this board.

Michael