Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   This New Board Sucks !!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/18154-new-board-sucks.html)

Clay Washington 02-16-2002 12:10 AM

I like it. :D

Ron P 02-16-2002 12:36 AM

I miss the yellow folders that showed me threads with new messages since my last visit.

puder 02-16-2002 12:40 AM

ron they are there you just can;t see them as easily there isn;t as drastic a color change

Audiofn 02-16-2002 07:12 AM

Ricky you are such a word smith ;) ;) :p :p This is the same format as Scream and fly. It takes some getting used to but once you do it is ok. I could do without the suff on the left side of the page. It would give more room and cause us less scrolling to cover the page, but he the bills have to be paid. The font is my major complaint. The writing is smaller and we all know that problems that I have been having with my eyes.

Jon

INDY27 02-16-2002 07:58 AM

So far the old format gets my vote, all these new features are cool but for everyday use....who needs it? I think most people would trade them for speed and user freindliness. Just tried to do a search for 502 cam, then 502efi cam and it wont let you do a search with a three letter word!!! :mad:

formula31 02-16-2002 08:40 AM

Old site was fine. This one is almost useless for me and my POS AOL 20k phone line hook up but I have no choice where I live. Phone lines suck. Im also not too fond of the display showing who is on line. There are some people that I dont want to know when I am on line. Like my boss. DOH:mad:

formula31 02-16-2002 08:50 AM

Ok found the invisibility switch. Is there any way to turn off the graphics and color so my speed will improve?

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-16-2002 09:08 AM

Well, with all the extras we are getting,we have have to expect some slow down.....:(

32fever 02-16-2002 09:51 AM

I can deal with the new format, it's the speed that sucks. Unfortunately our area is 50 years behind the rest of the world. NO cable modems, no DSL, except about 2 areas, and not making vast growth in new ones.

But, that's the way the "net" is going, expecting the majority to have fast connects. OUr problem is AT&T just bought our local cable company, so we're screwed.

Hell, our cable went out on Fox for the SUperbowl, so we had to transport our party guests to another house for the game, where they use a different cable company. :mad: :mad:

Sorry for the whining. Frustrating. Almost worth moving:)

DanL 02-16-2002 10:04 AM

What you are all seeing here is the beginning of the commercialization of OSO. Jeffrey has sold off half of this .com! It was only a matter of time. Soon, the info gathering, profile sorting, advertising, etc, will drive off the purists but haul in the general boating public. We need an OSO2. Just my opinion. I can tell you that the hit count will go down with the sluggishness of the new board program. Combined with a dial-up in the hotel here that cuts the speed in half, I've been avoiding even clicking on the regular stuff that I read. It just takes too long.