Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gas Price At your marina (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/181900-gas-price-your-marina.html)

baddogz28 03-25-2008 09:24 AM

I understand where you guys are coming from by saying you don't expect anything. As I get older and make more cash, I won't care if people chip in. Right now, I can't afford to spend $500 every weekend on gas. The more my friends contribute, the more fun we'll be able to have.

BLee 03-25-2008 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by waterboy222 (Post 2497905)
its tough to expect people to chip in on fuel. Especially $1oo. Unless Im driving, im not throwin down $100 for any throttle happy friends of mine.. I pay for fuel and provide the boat and girls.. You bring the goose, the bull and the bar tab.. That way I can drive the boat however I feel like and not be concerned about burnin others money..

usually by the end of the weekend, it all evens out. Our crew goes through quite a bar tab..

Yeah, I occasionally get someone who insists on throwing some cash my way for whatever. I never accept, but if they just won't let it go they can pay for lunch or beer of they choose. Usually the ones that know how much it costs are the ones smart ones.......they keep quiet! :D

tonypo8 03-25-2008 09:48 AM

Anybody Heard Anything About Loto Gas Prices???

AIR TIME 03-25-2008 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by EVILWAYS (Post 2481201)
If you guys have to cry about the price of gas then just sell yours boats and sit on the beach.

so you like to spend 4 or 5 bucks, theres no reason
for gas to be this high its all bullchit, there were no big storms last yr, not a colder winter than last yr. chit what am I saying I liked spending 700 to 800 amonth on heating oil for my house this winter and 275 for ele bill ,milk and oj have doubled. our designers love the pads we put under there or our custom rugs that has gone from 4 bucks a yard to 8. regular carpets go up every other month price increases from the mills and everyone is *****ing. gas should close to what it was 3yrs ago under 2 bucks. phuck my doctor wanted a extra 6gs for my knee surgery and comp won't pay it, hey his gas electric bills have gone up its a 50,000 g surgery so he needs 10% increase for all the extra chit he is paying for. so I get phucked no surgery until my lawyer gets in front of the judge which might take 4 to 8 months, then there will be another increase cause gas went to 5bucks so the doc will have to increase his surgery to me:p:D so yeah I DON'T WANT TO SPEND 4 OR 5 BUCKS FOR FUEL OR 4.20 AGAL FOR HEATING FUEL WHEN 3 OR 4YRS AGO IT WAS 90 CENTS AGAL. WE ARE GETTING PHUCKED when I get back to work my pay check is not going to increase every time gas goes up. oh wait a minute it will because I going to be working on my own, not working for my familys co. yeap I will just call my customers up oh the price I gave up went up this morning by 5 cents a sqft:hitfan:yeap thats what I will do.:grinser010:

AIR TIME 03-25-2008 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave (Post 2490597)
I hear what you're saying. But those are the guys with small cruisers, bowriders, or center consoles, or an old, beat up "performance" boat. And you can see them a mile away, because the boat hasn't been waxed in years, rarely gets washed, and if they don't need a tow, they're the ones coming back from the party spot half in the bag cutting you off without ever seeing you.

oh yeah so I am a drunk now because my 20yr old boat doesn't shine as much as it was new thanks ,I will run out and buy some spray paint or armor all for the paint :grinser010:maybe that will keep me from being a drunk.:p ps I never drink when I am driving my boat at 80 plus speeds thinks happen fast. and watched someone die in my arms at 15:(, thats why I don't drink and drive or boat at night,thats when alot of chit happens and we have seen here before it can be a newer boat too.after the boat is tide up for the day thats when I drink:D water NOT:D PS I wash and flush my boat everytime I use it and keep it in a cover it. its the blow boats aka snail boats aka sail boats that you have to watch out about they all smoke weed, and drink wine!!!! and hit car ferrys in the channel.opps

AIR TIME 03-25-2008 11:48 AM

when I bought the boat 18yrs ago gas was 1.20 ,so 100gal was 120 now its 350 to 400 or maybe 500 this summer. my pay check has doubled since then maybe. but for the last 4yrs I was injured went 8months no pay until a judge order comp AIG TO PAY for my surgeries and so for the next 3yrs I worked part time on anything I could comp messed up and was only sending 250 a week. then on 3rd surgery I was told not to work after 11/06 and they would kick in a total of 534 a week which was half of what I made still a mess. so my boating slowed way down . well since 05 I have maybe 10 to 15 hours on it last spring a theif cut into my cover it and stole about 12gs worth of stuff off my boat and since I was not using it had no insurance on it. but thanks so some of the guys here I got deals on a new drive, used steering rams from jc and most of the other parts back I cashed in a 401 I had that had been lossing money since I got it. so I HOPE TO HIT THE WATER this summer and put another 10hours on it:p . the last two yrs I went out with a friend in his SB 24 we got about3miles from the marina to a huge sand bar and every other trip I would put 20bucks up for gas. he ask for it :angry-smiley-038: others on here that I boat with don't ask but I like to help if I can when I use to go out a lot back in good old days we would go to block island, MV, nantucket, it was cool, but with my knee being up in the air meaning money will be tight I hope I can talk my wife into going out to the sand bar, shes the bread winner now:( at 90gs a yr. and since I only get the 534 a week I can't do much. its like my life has stopped and I am treading water for 4yrs out in the ocean not nowing if the CG will save you. the ocean is comp the CG is my doc. so if I get saved that =my knee replacement do you get it. every thing has gone up in the last 4yrs and my money went down 50%plus the stinkin pills they have me on could kill a horse. but if and when it done I will get my life back from these durgs you have to take for pain. sorry for venting but this is my outlet so next yr if I TAKE PEOPLE OUT YES I WILL ASK FOR GAS. But I use to go out a lot on my own balls to the wall. so we are lucky the sand bar is huge and you can stay about 5hours on it when the tide is right. its big enough for golf games:p for those who play I bring out a couple of my monster kites19', 21', deltas or gaint 13' teady bears, 30' lobster:grinser010: and some traction kites when I feel good. so oh yeah GAS SUCKS we need the goverment state or feds to do something!!!!! well see yah knees killing me and the back from sitting here to long art aka artie or aka ARTIMUS SEE YAH !