Notices

Gas Price At your marina

Old 03-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
That offends me.

Go to the Formula Forum and research my MO in terms of care with my 353 as well as the 5 prior to it...

For me, I have considered selling simply because everything keeps going up! and there does reach a breaking point!
I am a pauper here obviously based upon your theory. Just a single middle class working stiff with no second income in the house, no tax shelter of consequence, no inheritance or family riches, ect., ect...
I want to buy a house on the water or build. I have everything I need innterms of credit, friendly bankers, good job in the medical sector, but...
Quite frankly to reach my home goal I may have to part with the 353 at some point to free up the monthly $ I need to accomplish my dream ...
a dream which quite frankly is much more responsible to myself and my financial future than owning a big twin engine powerboat!

Not own a boat? Absolutely not...but down-size in $ and re-arrange my priorities?
YES, it's possible...
70K a year only goes so far!

let me guess, you pay your gardener that right?

I can't be the only one of the "paupers" here considering tough choices for each reasons of thier own...

kids (or more of them)
kids in college
want to build a house
want to get out while the gettin's good in case the oil bubble doesn't burst.
there are those who will get out before you can't get rid of anything that's hard on oil products, or the market of those who can afford it is so small it takes forever, or you take a rediculous beating...

and for the last post about fuel prices...
I don't buy the convenient bury your head in the sand justification.

when I bought this boat fuel was $2 a gallon.
will be $4 soon
the price of fuel has DOUBLED since I bought this one and amazingly enough my wages haven't...
that my friend is called loosing ground fast.

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Before you make that assumption I have all the service records in line for my boat. I wash it every week even if it does not hit the water and it is polished and waxed every 2 months. Actually I am always down at my down cleaning the thing. Don't assume that if someone chooses not to go boating due to fuel costs that they skimp on maintenance. Especially someone like me.

Sorry guys. I should have taken more than a few sentences to explain my thought. I'm just saying, using smaller figures:

If a "_" year old has $20 to spend per weekend on beer, fuel, food..........but his car needs an oil change badly, maybe a new belt set, AC, you name it, the guy is not likely to sacrifice his fun and sit on the curb to do these repairs as long as it runs, right? I see people do it all the time! Hell I did it as a kid in my first truck. $5 worth of fuel, ADD some oil, roll down the windows, and get to the party.

The same can be said for a boat. As long as "_" can get to party cove with a boat load of chicks, screw the knick knack things that would keep them on the dock is the attitude some take.

There's no way I was trying to imply you guys are cheap and treat your equipment like junk. I apologize that it read that way. I'm just saying that when money gets tight, people change their priorities, and it's not always the objective way.

I hope I've made more sense.

Last edited by BLee; 03-18-2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: real bad spelling mistakes, lol
Old 03-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe
B--------- Well... I knew it had to end at some point ------- So much for the whole, "I'm laying low with my opinions now that I'm an OSO moderator!!!!" LOL...

I guess the new OSO ownership changes everything!!! hehe... See you weekend-after-next, bro!

P.S. For the record, if you get poofed I will NEVER let you live it down!

P.S. #2 Tell Michael, Bubba, Scott and everyone else that they each still owe a round of drinks ON THEM this time!

Joe
LOL, yeah I should have proof read that one. Hopefully I've been here long enough to get the benefit of the doubt.......hopefully guys?
Old 03-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by Rippem
That offends me.

Go to the Formula Forum and research my MO in terms of care with my 353 as well as the 5 prior to it...

For me, I have considered selling simply because everything keeps going up! and there does reach a breaking point!
I am a pauper here obviously based upon your theory. Just a single middle class working stiff with no second income in the house, no tax shelter of consequence, no inheritance or family riches, ect., ect...
I want to buy a house on the water or build. I have everything I need innterms of credit, friendly bankers, good job in the medical sector, but...
Quite frankly to reach my home goal I may have to part with the 353 at some point to free up the monthly $ I need to accomplish my dream ...
a dream which quite frankly is much more responsible to myself and my financial future than owning a big twin engine powerboat!

Not own a boat? Absolutely not...but down-size in $ and re-arrange my priorities?
YES, it's possible...
70K a year only goes so far!

let me guess, you pay your gardener that right?

I can't be the only one of the "paupers" here considering tough choices for each reasons of thier own...

kids (or more of them)
kids in college
want to build a house
want to get out while the gettin's good in case the oil bubble doesn't burst.
there are those who will get out before you can't get rid of anything that's hard on oil products, or the market of those who can afford it is so small it takes forever, or you take a rediculous beating...

and for the last post about fuel prices...
I don't buy the convenient bury your head in the sand justification.

when I bought this boat fuel was $2 a gallon.
will be $4 soon
the price of fuel has DOUBLED since I bought this one and amazingly enough my wages haven't...
that my friend is called loosing ground fast.
Finally, someone with the same monetary restraints! I'll keep my boat but by God the Fuel is killing me across the board.... Less poker runs, river riding,etc.. At least we can cut back, some people are EATING less because they can't afford the fuel to get to freakin' work!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Yep,
It's going to affect all us, some more, others less, BUT the bottomline is it smart ($-wise) to try to keep boating in world where fuel is $4-5 a gallon? And I agree with the mental health benefits of boating, (it's the only time I truly relax!, Type A+ personality) it just goes against all of my $$ and sense. Like I said before, we'll go boating, more in the Seadoo, less in the Nordic
Dean

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 03-18-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Hopefully I've been here long enough to get the benefit of the doubt.......hopefully guys?
absolutely.

as much as I was countering comment, I was just as much in retrospect looking to sponsor more conversation about what others like me/my position are thinking today, this week, this month as the fuel thing gets scarier...
Old 03-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just hit $4 for diesel here in AZ= less road trips to poker runs and gatherings. $3.89 for 93= go fast to the beach and park it. At least all my friends that enjoy coming out with us understand that the boat doesn't run on beer, and have realized that this year they will have to pitch in to be able to enjoy the water.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Registered

^^^ I'm introducing many of my friends to the thrill of offshore powerboating in a month or so when I get my boat. I won't be shy about asking them to pony up for gas, and it won't be $20. Sh*t, that barely buys a pizza these days.

I can bet they are going to be more than willing to chip in to experience the thrill. I'm also sure I'll have friends coming out of the woodwork because there aren't many 24 year olds with go-fasts in these parts...

And it's A$$ or GAS if ya wanna ride.

I don't smoke grass.

LOL.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

comparitivly speaking, I was paying a little over $3.00 a gallon for 112 race gas back in 89. so the price of reg unleaded has more than trippled (prolly quadrupled) by this summer yet race gas has only doubled.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

BLee, no hard feelings we all are just talking out loud here and you expressed your opinion and I expressed mine. It's all good no hard no foul.

I just want to downsize because here I have this huge 38' triple engine Fountain CC and all my wife and I do now is cruise 5 minutes out in the bay and sit. We do not really go anywhere and sometime we will not boat for a month or so. That is a HUGE change for us. Yes I do not want to spend $500 just to put in 150 gallons of fuel that I can easily burn up in a long weekend of boating like my wife and I use to do.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
...As long as "_" can get to party cove with a boat load of chicks, screw the knick knack things that would keep them on the dock is the attitude some take...
I hear what you're saying. But those are the guys with small cruisers, bowriders, or center consoles, or an old, beat up "performance" boat. And you can see them a mile away, because the boat hasn't been waxed in years, rarely gets washed, and if they don't need a tow, they're the ones coming back from the party spot half in the bag cutting you off without ever seeing you.

Quick Reply: Gas Price At your marina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.