Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Has anyone fished off of their go fast? >

Has anyone fished off of their go fast?

Notices

Has anyone fished off of their go fast?

Old 03-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Similar to Formula 382's comment, I tell my buddies the only fish on my boat is already Smoked. They would give me the down riggers if I'ld mount 'em. Nope.

We do have a short pole for the kids. When we are anchored near an old schooner wreck in Oyster Bay, They hit small perch and rock bass. Limited strictly to the swim Platform.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

The way I look at it is, the fish don't f**k with me and I don't f**k with the fish. Hell, I wont even fish off my pontoon boat!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Registered

Default Don't be hatin the on the fisherman

I fish off my boat all the time. Certainly not a fish boat. The way I look at it...cruising and chasing/entertaining two legged fish is top priority. But several times out of the year, I take my 80 year old Dad out fishing in the ocean. We catch grouper, snapper, pretty much all reef fish. Also use live bait. It only fishes about 4 comfortably. Sit on the sundeck, a few sit on the bolster seats...beers are tossed back, lies are swapped...dinner is served upon returning home. Male bonding and feed the ladies fresh fish after coming home...makes the go-fast easier to sell. Couple of guys clean the boat, the other guys clean the fish. My boat don't stink...some of the cleanest boats are fishing boats and they are anal about cleanliness. Bleach does wonders.

Not many people can afford a fishing boat (nor have space for second boat) and a go-fast boat. My priority is a go-fast boat so for the few fishing trips, I make due. Charter boats suck...unless you are a tourist and don't know the area. At the end of the day, it is cheaper for me to run my boat than be on a charter where we may or may not catch good fish. I know all the spots the local captains know and can stay out there longer because it is *my* boat. And over a center console...I disappear into the cuddy with my buddies, drink some beer, then jump out after the storm passes and resume fishing with no one around...life is good.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Registered

So what do you do...cut your line when ya hook a bonita? Just can't see all the blood gushing out all over my boat. Freshwater fishing I might do....not sure about saltwater!

Originally Posted by Rexx
I fish off my boat all the time. Certainly not a fish boat. The way I look at it...cruising and chasing/entertaining two legged fish is top priority. But several times out of the year, I take my 80 year old Dad out fishing in the ocean. We catch grouper, snapper, pretty much all reef fish. Also use live bait. It only fishes about 4 comfortably. Sit on the sundeck, a few sit on the bolster seats...beers are tossed back, lies are swapped...dinner is served upon returning home. Male bonding and feed the ladies fresh fish after coming home...makes the go-fast easier to sell. Couple of guys clean the boat, the other guys clean the fish. My boat don't stink...some of the cleanest boats are fishing boats and they are anal about cleanliness. Bleach does wonders.

Not many people can afford a fishing boat (nor have space for second boat) and a go-fast boat. My priority is a go-fast boat so for the few fishing trips, I make due. Charter boats suck...unless you are a tourist and don't know the area. At the end of the day, it is cheaper for me to run my boat than be on a charter where we may or may not catch good fish. I know all the spots the local captains know and can stay out there longer because it is *my* boat. And over a center console...I disappear into the cuddy with my buddies, drink some beer, then jump out after the storm passes and resume fishing with no one around...life is good.