Notices

38 Stryker

Old 03-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thunderusone
Here is a pic of KennyO breaking it off in me. Me and Liquid Liability did all the prep work and taping......Kennyo came over with a case of beer and a paint gun. I gave him a $2000 set of headers to trade for paint work. It took him 15 minutes to paint the stripes and then he hauled azz saying "holla at me when you wanna do some more tradin!"
Dude, those headers were on ALL those engines you listed! AND I was painting over gay ass pink stripes, That had to be worth double time!!
Old 03-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Registered

Seriously, I didn't realize you put stringers and a transom in that b*tch. I would've probably took a short ride to the deep part of the lake before I'd Do that much work! Good job, looks great.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thunderusone
That is a deal! I love that friggin boat! I am actually afraid to ride in it.....chit like that leads to a purchase for me. Let me know if you want to do some tradin on a really neat rhino.
It is a fun boat. I have been thinking about a shorty for it all winter but I keep going over to Eddies and dropping off these checks for the ZX

I will let you know. You do have to be careful with those. They start out so innocent because they are so much cheaper than doing a big boat.....but not exatcly free.

There is a great deal on an unfinished project right now. A guys has done the transom, sides and bottom. I think he redid the stringers too. Wants $5k for boat and trailer.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Bill,
I wish you wouldn't have said that. I have been looking for a toy to play with. That would be ideal for me. That is the first thing I want but the last thing I need right now. Your invoice just increased by about 5K
Old 03-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyo
Dude, those headers were on ALL those engines you listed! AND I was painting over gay ass pink stripes, That had to be worth double time!!
Hell....I agree.....I was smileing bigger than you were after you left....I would have paid $3K to cover the pink!!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kennyo
Seriously, I didn't realize you put stringers and a transom in that b*tch. I would've probably took a short ride to the deep part of the lake before I'd Do that much work! Good job, looks great.
Not only is it the fastest 38 stryker.....it is also the most expensive. I spent as much on the engines, drives, transom, rigging and interior as the damn thing cost brand new.

Nobody said any of this makes any financial sense....
Old 03-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Registered
VIP Member

[QUOTE=ZXXX Donzi;2488929]It is a fun boat. I have been thinking about a shorty for it all winter but I keep going over to Eddies and dropping off these checks for the ZX

I will let you know. You do have to be careful with those. They start out so innocent because they are so much cheaper than doing a big boat.....but not exatcly free.

There is a great deal on an unfinished project right now. A guys has done the transom, sides and bottom. I think he redid the stringers too. Wants $5k for boat and trailer.[/QUOT

Oh no....i have done my last extreme makeover. This has been the most time consuming, expensive, exhausting project I have ever undertaken. If I can't buy one already done.....I am not messing with it! There is no such thing as a great deal on an unfinished project!
Old 03-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=thunderusone;2488999]
Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
It is a fun boat. I have been thinking about a shorty for it all winter but I keep going over to Eddies and dropping off these checks for the ZX

There is a great deal on an unfinished project right now. A guys has done the transom, sides and bottom. I think he redid the stringers too. Wants $5k for boat and trailer.[/QUOT

Oh no....i have done my last extreme makeover. This has been the most time consuming, expensive, exhausting project I have ever undertaken. If I can't buy one already done.....I am not messing with it! There is no such thing as a great deal on an unfinished project!
You are right about that. The process goes like this: Get a basic hull with some goodies cheap, score a good deal on an engine and a few parts and feel good about yourself. Then you stand back and throw money at the rest until it hurts.

I must say that I do love the end product.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Bill,
I wish you wouldn't have said that. I have been looking for a toy to play with. That would be ideal for me. That is the first thing I want but the last thing I need right now. Your invoice just increased by about 5K
That boat, with a 427 small block, bravo drive, some super low mini bolsters with that console like you did in that Phantom and a nice high x-dimension. That would be sweet!

You could go out and scare the chit out of yourself everytime you get some sort of pain in the butt problems from someone's fuel injectors, intake pleneum or other such issues!
Old 03-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
That boat, with a 427 small block, bravo drive, some super low mini bolsters with that console like you did in that Phantom and a nice high x-dimension. That would be sweet!

You could go out and scare the chit out of yourself everytime you get some sort of pain in the butt problems from someone's fuel injectors, intake pleneum or other such issues!
I have injector bits for sale.......

Quick Reply: 38 Stryker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.