Notices

A Little Help Needed

Old 03-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A Little Help Needed

BOATING RELATED!!!!
Big brother at work has decided to turn me into a "Dot". Nextel gps tracking. I am an outside salesman, I work all hours and have no set schedule except mon-fri ,( I do produce results, not a slacker) but I still don't want them to "see me " out on the lake on a nice afternoon if I so choose. It is a company phone account so I can't change anything with that. Is there a way to disable the gps on the phone so Nextel cant overide it? Or an old phone that I could buy that doesn't have this capabilty?
Thanks for any help,
Bill
Old 03-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

yea forward all your calls to a new cell phone but than tape the old one to a stray cat an turn it loose in the city.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Sent you a PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Reading your post it said "Set schedule Mon-Fri. If you are paid to be selling during the "set" time and on the Lake instead with out calling off then.............................
Old 03-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

BILL, BILL ,BILL Good Luck buddy! Let me know when your on Lake Norman

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 03-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Registered

I am expected to be available mon-fri, 7-5 same as the office is open. I work more than the 50 hrs a week the office is open, I just may do it nights and weekends as well as m-f. Commision sales by the way--- no sales-- no pay . Was on the phone last night at 8;30 with a customer then this am at 6;30, the office isn't open then but I am always available. It just seems ****ty, I produce $$, and I don't need some corporate nosy bastard knowing where I am. Part of my compensation is the phone for personal use which means night and weekends Big Brother with no life may be watching and its none of his business. So I really don't see myself as robbing the company of anything if I choose to take a couple hours off, with the phone on by the way.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Registered

Hey Dave, You still have the Sonic? hope all is well, anything still going on with that Fla move?
Old 03-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
yea forward all your calls to a new cell phone but than tape the old one to a stray cat an turn it loose in the city.
Only took 10 minutes to come up with a solution!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SPITFIRE
I am expected to be available mon-fri, 7-5 same as the office is open. I work more than the 50 hrs a week the office is open, I just may do it nights and weekends as well as m-f. Commision sales by the way--- no sales-- no pay . Was on the phone last night at 8;30 with a customer then this am at 6;30, the office isn't open then but I am always available. It just seems ****ty, I produce $$, and I don't need some corporate nosy bastard knowing where I am. Part of my compensation is the phone for personal use which means night and weekends Big Brother with no life may be watching and its none of his business. So I really don't see myself as robbing the company of anything if I choose to take a couple hours off, with the phone on by the way.
Too bad you can't convey this to "big Brother" I now understand and in no way would insinuate wrong doing especially with the no sales no pay deal.

Plenty of stray cats on my property, if you need one I'll stick in a box and ship it to you

Disclaimer: I like animals it was nothing more than a joke
Old 03-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SPITFIRE
BOATING RELATED!!!!
Big brother at work has decided to turn me into a "Dot". Nextel gps tracking. I am an outside salesman, I work all hours and have no set schedule except mon-fri ,( I do produce results, not a slacker) but I still don't want them to "see me " out on the lake on a nice afternoon if I so choose. It is a company phone account so I can't change anything with that. Is there a way to disable the gps on the phone so Nextel cant overide it? Or an old phone that I could buy that doesn't have this capabilty?
Thanks for any help,
Bill
We looked at doing that with our people especially the Service and Installation Tech's but decided we didn't really need to know where they were just where our vehicles were during the day and at night.

With the Nextel phones you can turn off the "GPS" but it wouldn't take too long before they knew about it and then your in the same spot.

Even if you turn the "GPS" off there are programs that can force it on over the internet if it's been shut off. The forwarding idea would work but Nextel charges a premium to forward to another phone and they would probably see that on the billing cycle.

Now I can't give you any advise on how to cut work on a nice day but with my people, especially the salesmen I don't care what there doing as long as they produce and take care of business at hand.

We ended up getting "GPS" for the trucks and it has already paid for itself in a few short months. Most of the time we our our "dots" to check maintenance items on the vehicles and to monitor excessive speed. Having multiple rolling billboards that are speeding through traffic kind of defeats the advantage of putting your name on them...

Last edited by fountain4play; 03-21-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Quick Reply: A Little Help Needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.