Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is this a scam or what??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/182388-scam-what.html)

Ryan Beckley 03-18-2008 10:25 AM

Is this a scam or what???

This guy called and wanted these banners something just doesn't seen right he contacted me out of the blue.....It alot of money ??? What do you all think???

Thanks alot for your business.Yes i am okay with the layout,I want to inform you that i just had a called from UK that my wife is about to deliver my new born baby and so i won't be able to come and pick up the Banners from your place.So i want you to ship the Banners am ordering from your shop to my Crusade in Ghana.

The shipping address is below and i will like you to use Express Shipping company for the shipping, and their email address is [email protected] just send them an email with the weight,size of the Banners,both shipping and pick up address and they will provide you with a quote.I recommend them because they have handled all shipments from U.S to my company in Ghana and i am completely satistfied with their services. Let me know the shipping charges as soon as you have the total quote and am ready to make the payment for both the shipping and the costs for the Banners with my credit card account number together.

SHIPPING ADDRESS:
Rev.James Gates
Centennial United Church
97 ridge road
Tamale, Ghana 00233.

MAILING ADDRESS
Rev.James Gates
Centennial United Church
13435 Verona
Tustin, CA 92782-9149

Thank you very much and dont hesitate to email me back if you need anymore information

May the Lord richly bless your business.

THEJOKER 03-18-2008 10:32 AM

Hmmmmm...bible thumper scam!

CigDaze 03-18-2008 10:33 AM

Yep, SCAM. I wouldn't make or ship anything to Ghana without cash up front.

Ryan Beckley 03-18-2008 10:39 AM

The guy actually called my shop and wants me to arrange the shipping. It's like a $4,000.00 job...he says he is putting it on a credit card...... I don't know what to do......

CigDaze 03-18-2008 10:41 AM

The Centennial United Church is in Victoria, BC and ON.

Here is their contact information:
Contact Information
Phone/Fax: (250) 384-6424

Mailing Address:
612 David Street
Victoria, BC, Canada, V8T 2E1

Or E-Mail Us

Minister:Rev. Ken Crassweller Rev.Ken Crassweller
Organist and Choir Director: Ronald McCormick
Secretary: Kathleen Howard
Web Master: Web Master
http://www.cucvictoria.com/

---------------------------
Centennial United Church
PO Box 385, 234 William St,
Stayner, Ontario, L0M 1S0
Tel: 705-428-3711
Fax: 705-428-3792
Office Email: [email protected]

I would call them and ask if they have a mission in Ghana and have a Rev. James Gates working for them.

Brad Zastrow 03-18-2008 10:41 AM

I may get blasted here, but I get nervous when people claim to be holy in a business deal. There are no sign companies over there that he needs to order from you overseas? Get paid up front before you even start. However, I am not sure how giving a credit card could scam you? Do not give your bank info out. Usally it is the overpayment cashiers check deal.

CigDaze 03-18-2008 10:42 AM

And what kind of shipping company has a gmail email address.
Website?...

Mange 03-18-2008 10:43 AM

Hey Ryan, what kind of banners is it? is it for digital web or actually printed banners?

Maybe stupid questions...

Mange

Ryan Beckley 03-18-2008 10:47 AM

Printed Banners........

now I know it's a scam here is the reply from the shipping company

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in using Express Trust Shipping Company for your shipping needs and services .
We checked on picking up and shipping of package wieghing 50lbs,to 00233 the shipping costs is going to be $2,250.00 U.S Dollars . That includes international airway taxes( I.A.T ) , Tarrifs and custom's clearance duties. It takes approximately 7 days for delivery from the day of pick-up and regarding the packaging and crating we will also handle that to prevent breakages or damage

And the payment proceedure will go as the same via western union since our company is now trying to connect with a bank we be able to accepting creditcards as form of paymant sometime next year
Send payment via Western Union Money Transfer to our financial manager at that delivery location to the address below..

Name : Mr Alfred Owuradu
Address : 90 Airport Road Avenue
Zipcode : 00233
City : Tamale

You need to go to the western union with the cash of the shipping funds and the address below specified to send payment through
Before we come and pick it up u have to email us with the WesternUnion Money Transfer reciept information which shows

1.Senders full name
2, MTCN control number 10 digits
3, Secret Question and Answer.

All the above informations are on the reciept and the question and answer will come from you which can be any question and answer as you choose
As soon as we receive payment we will let u know fax you with the reciept to the fax number which contains the shipment tracking number and the time for the pick up and shipment and before we can provide that we need to get a payment confirmation details requested above and dont hesitate to contact us if you need any more assistance
Thanks in Advance
Secretary ....................

Linda Morrison
Express Trust Shipping Co.

shw-n-go h20 03-18-2008 10:49 AM

it's probly a stolen card. thats the new thing they are doing. all he is doing is testing the waters with that card. if it works then he will go crazy buying things all in one day.
if you do it proceed with extreem caution, even if the card goes through, if it ends up being stolen the credit card company can and will take the money back from you.