Notices

Alpine Stereo

Old 03-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine Stereo

well I am going to upgrade the stereo head unit in the Bullet

I hav looked at the alpine Marine stuff and it looks pretty good has nice ipod interface a wired and a floatable rf remote that can control from 100 feet away. Anybody a dealer or have a better suggestion.

Going to do 2 boats worth mine and a buddies.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO, Alpine is to car audio as Cigarette is in boating world.......... #1!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Registered

Default works great

Originally Posted by klaw
well I am going to upgrade the stereo head unit in the Bullet

I hav looked at the alpine Marine stuff and it looks pretty good has nice ipod interface a wired and a floatable rf remote that can control from 100 feet away. Anybody a dealer or have a better suggestion.

Going to do 2 boats worth mine and a buddies.

The alpine system is standard with the RF in all our boats the remote rocks and with being waterproof and floats its even better the mount is kinda cheesy but alot of people just put in on the key or stuff like that. Cant go wrong with it is all I can say
Old 03-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

redid my entire boat with alpine stuff amps, subs, speakers , head unit. Very happy with it. 6.5's sound as good as other 10"subs.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Registered

yup...new marine apline line going in Mistress in the next few weeks depending on weather...

not sure if I want sub cut into back bench base or hidden under passenger seat...?
Old 03-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Registered

I did mine in JL audio marine. It is great.

Sony makes a great head unit for IPOD and thumb drives.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Registered

I bought an Alpine car stereo about 2 years ago and hate it. The main issue is the user interface. Hold down the Source/Power button for a few seconds to turn off so I am always switching to CD when I want to turn it off. Other buttons are very small. Screen is somewhat large but is wasted. Dumb stuff like that. Nothing serious but I am annoyed every time I use it. I will likely put the factory radio back in.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Re-doing a sound system too. I compared the Alpine 9885 to the Clarion M475 and found the Clarion...at least from a numbers perspective to be the better unit. Also more cost efficient. It'll be running 4 JL Audio M-650's and 10" sub via a Memphis Belle amp.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ryan8886
Re-doing a sound system too. I compared the Alpine 9885 to the Clarion M475 and found the Clarion...at least from a numbers perspective to be the better unit. Also more cost efficient. It'll be running 4 JL Audio M-650's and 10" sub via a Memphis Belle amp.
the new Alpine marine head is the Alpine iDA-X100M along with new marine speakers, subs and amps...reviews were positive at the CES show (they have a boat showcasing new marine audio gear) and seem much more ecomonical than the JL gear...so I am going to take a shot with Alpine...we'll see...
Old 03-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pkspx
IMO, Alpine is to car audio as Cigarette is in boating world.......... #1!!!!!!!

What.............resin bucket and needs a lot of power to get it going?

Quick Reply: Alpine Stereo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.