Cigarette Playboy Color Change ? >

Cigarette Playboy Color Change ?

Notices

Cigarette Playboy Color Change ?

Old 03-19-2008, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LZH
Thanks for your opinion nonetheless....I tend to agree.

Sweet ............love the boat!!!!!!! Is it from SoCal ?
Old 03-19-2008, 12:16 AM
LZH
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup - The boat's new home is Los Angeles !!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Registered

Are you in LA area?
Old 03-19-2008, 12:24 AM
LZH
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Are you in LA area?
Yes - boat stays at my shop at Hawthorne Airport - shhhhhh, don't tell big chubby !!!

The boat is currently at Mobile Marine Service (Matt Brayton) getting an overhaul.

Last edited by LZH; 03-19-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LZH
Yes - boat stays at my shop at Hawthorne Airport - shhhhhh, don't tell big chubby !!!

The boat is currently at Mobile Marine Service (Matt Brayton) getting an overhaul.

Sweet....lets hook up sometime with the SCOPE gang. Matt is a good guy from what I have experiance and have also heard. What are you having done? When are you gonna hit the water again?

www.SCOPEinfo.com
Old 03-19-2008, 01:22 AM
LZH
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Sweet....lets hook up sometime with the SCOPE gang. Matt is a good guy from what I have experiance and have also heard. What are you having done? When are you gonna hit the water again?

www.SCOPEinfo.com
Matt is a VERY good guy - he knows his chit and will not waste time BS'ing you.
I plan on getting involved as much as time allows with SCOPE. I've done quite a bit myself....list is pretty long...lots of new rigging, just about everything that is bolted to the decks has either been replaced or removed and either powdercoated or painted, swimplatform, all railings including nose rail, transom assemblies, new gimble rings, vertical shafts, lower pivot shafts, Matts adjustment nut fix with stainless plate, brand new Dollar Offshore built XR uppers and IMCO shorty lowers, tabs removed/media blasted IMRON painted, pitot tube removed and reglassed (GPS speedo), new drive cables and assemblies, ingition coils, TStats, housings, raw water impellers, new Hydomotive props and backup Bravo ones, paint work, glass work, possible wet sand, polish LCD install, stereo redo, reworked comm system...lots of other bits and pieces here and there Not to mention fresh Dean Gellner 500EFI's balanced and bluprinted etc...before the drive failure I was running 83 with 5blades....
She's gonna be awesome when Matts done and run strong and true. Supposed to splash her Sat to test everything...then maybe catalina the following weekend and then Desert Storm !!
Next is to pull the dash surrounds for re powdercoat and then redo the wood floors. It's ongoing but she'll be perfect when I'm done.

Last edited by LZH; 03-19-2008 at 03:57 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

IMHO - I am torn. I like the red stripe on a black and white boat, see pics of my old Kryptonite. I agree with Dreamer though in keeping the original theme as it is very classy.
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette Playboy Color Change ?-p1020461-large-%5B1%5D.jpg   Cigarette Playboy Color Change ?-026_22a.jpg  
Old 03-19-2008, 07:02 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Don't do it. You have one of the few boats in the go-fast world that doesn't have a cheesy kitchen sink paint job. Nice and subtle.

Super classy the way it is...I love it.

Last edited by Indy; 03-19-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It definitely gives the boat that retro look. Cig made just a small handful of black-sided 35's and they had the red/silver Cigarette stripe. The only one I remember with the solid red stripe was the late-70's 35 that was a project- F/S in the Cig forum and then sold on Ebay. Earlier this year. You can find pics there.

Aesthetically, if you do the red, you're going to have to bring red in elsewhere. As an accent point, it looks natural in the "1" in the oval logo. Adding the stripe might work if you added red accents to your silver interior but then you have a confusing blend of non-complimentary colors. Black/white/silver works well. Ditch the silver and go red/white or all red on the interior and then the red stripe works.

Less is more.

Last edited by Chris Sunkin; 03-19-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nooooooo way!!!!!!!!! keep it the way it was

Quick Reply: Cigarette Playboy Color Change ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.