Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmmm could they look like this ??
Attached Thumbnails Fountain Aquired Baja-faja-3.jpg  
Old 03-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Fountain 100, Baja 300

While this may seem bad for the folks in Bucyrus, would it have been better for the company to not sell, and have to go BK down the road. The severence packages in that case would have been much worse.
I am pretty sure that you are right about that!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Fountain 100, Baja 300
woulda guessed 300/600....

fountain took in 70mil... @ 200k a boat = 300+... just a guess

guessing they were forcasting alot worse this year and decided to "team up"
Old 03-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Baja says they built 980 2007's and have built almost 600 through end of March. The deal makes sense, most of the Fountain sales from 35-47 feet were once Baja owners. They see this as a way to move Baja people up and keep them from the begining until the end.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Still sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.
How old are you?

Are you married?

Do you have a family?

Do you have a mortgage to pay?

A statement like that sounds like someone who is stuck in their late teens / early 20's.

Sweet deal? Usually 1 week severance for every year worked.
WOOP DEE DOO!

As others have said this is a sad situation for the folks at Baja and my heart goes out to them.

Last edited by DaveP; 03-21-2008 at 05:52 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.
If I were a Baja owner, I would be concerned about the warranties on any Baja's purchased in the last few years.
What happens in a situation like this?
going back 15 yrs or so baja used to file chapter 11 ,every 7 years, so warranties were never worth a sh#t anyway.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:17 PM

This is a real shame everyone at Baja were a real pleasure to work for and to take a plant and just close it is just wrong especilly when all the rigging and people are in place to do the job, in hard times like these you hate to see anyone loose there jobs and the worst part is all the people that work for Baja would have to relocate! How many other boat builders are in Bucyrus?
Old 03-21-2008, 12:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I have known about this possible sale for a couple of weeks now and also heard that there were others that we trying to buy the company also that would have kept the work force in place.

While I like Reggie and respect him and was excited about what he could do with the brand I changed my focus as I heard the plant would be closed and moved to North Carolina I could not help but be upset and concerned for all the folks I have become friends with at Baja and consider family after ten years and three Baja's.

There are many here on the board that have been very verbal about their opinion of Baja and it was very unfair for all of those people that I have met and the ones I have only heard of that reported daily to Baja trying hard to build a quality product and brought Baja back to a company that had the largest market share, and the largest selection of models. Not to mention the highly successful poker run tour and many very loyal and happy owners. These people take a lot of pride in their work and did not let those that wanted to cut them down interfer with the work at hand.

When you trash a brand because a cousin of a cousin had a bad experience with a used Baja you are bashing all the hard working people that build the product and you are bashing the people on this forum that spent their hard earned money on the product that best served their needs. We all need to think about that in the future.

It is definately a very sad day for those of us that own Baja's and those that have devoted years to the company.

I hope that Reggie keeps the brand alive and gives us all a product that we can continue to be proud of and offers us products that we will want to move up to in the future.

Yes as Ray with Raylar mentioned there are some warranty issues. I personally have two friends that had issues with early model 30 Outlaws which were the first liner boats and Baja completely replaced their boats. You hear the bad things and people want to condem Baja on quality but Baja stepped up and took care of the problem and made the customers happy. I commend them on that as I know custom boat builders that have left the customer hanging out to dry on when they spent a lot more money. There are some issues but I'm sure they will be resolved.

My dealings with Baja and all the folks there have been excellent and I will miss them.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all the employees hoping they all move on to bigger and better things and enjoy a brighter future.

Reggie we are proud to be a part of the Fountain family now, make us proud!

Dock
I could not have said it better myself! It is a stange feeling when a lawyer is at a loss for words.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS
going back 15 yrs or so baja used to file chapter 11 ,every 7 years, so warranties were never worth a sh#t anyway.

What kind of boat did you buy to get a warranty greater than 7 years?
Old 03-21-2008, 01:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BURNSMAZZ
Sounds like the big Bajas will be killed,and the smaller models will be Baja,say up to the 27' bowriders.I hope not but whatever.I have had 4 Bajas and have been happy with all of them.I guess you just have eliminate the competiton.Not real happy about this!And it is a kick in the ASS for all the employees!
fountain is to buy all of baja molds, except for the 192 islaner, 202 islander, and the 20 outlaw......

Quick Reply: Fountain Aquired Baja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.