Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain Aquired Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/182549-fountain-aquired-baja.html)

AH357 03-21-2008 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2493775)
True, but in some ways the cycle is swinging back. I deal with alot of folks in the specialty macine trades. Most of them are very busy right now. Several years back, alot of their work went to China- especially molds and tooling. What China sent was usually lower quality, lesser lifespan or sometimes totally unusable. Now tooling buyers have been looking at some numbers and seeing that Chinese tooling didn't save them the kind of $$ they thought. Problem is, the supplier-side has contracted. Some of the tool makers have gone under so capacity isn't there. That's helped bring prices up for the guys that remain. problem is, there's a shortage of qualified personnel right now.

Sure, things have changed. The only permanent thing is change. Just as the Chinese took precision tooling, it's coming back. It may go somewhere else someday but something will take it's place. I don't envision the Chinese bringing us high performance boats anytime soon though.

Chris , your view on this is correct. I own a machine shop in Cleveland and last year was a record year for us in sales and profit. The trade/industry is not dead, only more competitive. In order to survive you must produce an excellent quality product, while using cutting edge CAD/CAM tech. I never try to be the cheapest on price, but the highest in quality and on time delivery. I produce parts that are exported to China and Mexico because they can't meet my quaility..

On Time 03-21-2008 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by AH357 (Post 2494297)
...the highest in quality and on time delivery. I produce parts that are exported to China and Mexico because they can't meet my quaility..

Outstanding. You're a winner. And good for this country.

thunderusone 03-21-2008 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Liquid Liability (Post 2494275)
That's some funny chit right there!! Almost ruined my keyboard when i spit my Coke on it!!!

ROCK ON JB4Boyne.....ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I guess you have the big head now that you have an H2Xecutioner!:D

ROCK DA PHUCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liquid Liability 03-21-2008 04:29 PM

Your daaayyyyuuuummm right BIG DADDY......H2XECUTIONER IN DA HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thunderusone 03-21-2008 04:34 PM

I am 20 posts away from 1200 ROCK ONS!

On Time 03-21-2008 04:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Brand new model. Spy pics. Guess the length.

never enuff 03-21-2008 04:50 PM

With or without? :evilb:
Jay

thunderusone 03-21-2008 04:50 PM

41. 38 foot baha + 3 foot Beak = 41 foot boat.

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liquid Liability 03-21-2008 04:54 PM

Being that my H2Xecutioner is now 35', I must assume that the OUTLAWcutioner is a 42'?

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

BOBCATMATHEWS 03-21-2008 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by JRalston (Post 2493555)
What kind of boat did you buy to get a warranty greater than 7 years?

does not have to be seven years,you buy a boat in 1992, & 2 years later they file,you get caught in the middle,I always liked the 24 outlaw,but in the late eighties they had delamination problems. cheers bobcat