Notices

Fountain Aquired Baja

Old 03-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
with the econmy like this for a while and gas prices climbing boat sales declining(and forcasted to keep declining) this was inevetable.... another kick in the nuts for ohio....

downsizing is needed in a downsizing market... baja was entry level and those people r the ones being hurt by this economy
That sounds like Darwin´s development theory.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is all hogwash. We all know that Reggie would have nothing to do with anything Baja.
The windscreen on an Outlaw will not deflect enough air and Reggie will lose his hair piece.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
I have to say this is not true! I am a Baja dealer and have not been informed at all! I have heard all the rumors, nothing has been mentioned by Baja.

At best I am confused!
I am sorry but the news just hasn't formally got to you yet..It is a shame you haven't recieved the news first hand instead here on this thread..Those who doubt this has happened? Get over it
IT HAS!!!

Last edited by DENNYB; 03-20-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Registered

........hopefully something good happens, as compared to Powerquest in Holland, MI WTF!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The purchase of the company doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but I do feel for all of those who will lose their jobs. Not a good time for it to happen to them. OH and MI are really getting hit hard.

Darrell.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Apparantly there is a press release over on TBM,but you have to be a paid member to access it.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered

I was just on the phone with my buddy who works there, he was getting a call from his supervisor as I was talking to him...... This will hurt Bucyrus and all the mom and pop boat repair businesses around. Another good friend of mine owns a boat shop in Mansfield and they do a ton of work for Baja. This will effect a lot more than just Baja employees.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DENNYB
Call Captians Choice in Destin Florida. They are part of your dealer Baja net work.They heard and know. I am sorry but the news just hasn't formally got to you yet..It is a shame you haven't recieved the news first hand instead here on this thread..Those who doubt this has happened? Get over it
IT HAS!!!
A shame to say the least! Thanks for the info! I have called all over the plant today and all I hear is "no comment". To say the least, this is not the way any business transaction should take place!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

On Thursday March 20, 2008 at 2:30 pm EST the news will be told to all employees at the plant in Ohio, the press release will be unveiled as well.... Baja has been sold to Fountain Powerboats and production will move to Fountain's location in North Carolina and the current Bucyrus, Ohio plant will shut down operations. The Baja's will resume production for the 2009 model year. The deal of the sale will close in May.

It is also being told that no current employees of Baja are being offered jobs or relocation. And the 2008 Baja Poker Run Tour will not continue as planned, the 40 Outlaw is not planned to be built in the future under Fountain's ownership so SPLIT DECISION will be sold off, once again the 2008 Baja Poker Run Tour has been cancelled. Fountain will retain and keep the name Baja and continue to manufactuer the Baja line for the 2009 model year.

Dissapointing news for all at the factory that have put a lifes work into the brand Baja and hopefully Fountain will continue on making Baja a great brand of boat in the future. This is simply the next chapter, and I am sure more news will follow as this story is far from over.

Since TEAMBAJAMARINE.COM is the first and foremost representation of Baja owners and brand of boat, information you will find here is considered to be the most accurate and up to date and we will continue to bring this information as we always have, in the future.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 24skaterVA
How does Fountain buy Baja when Fountain doesn't even own Fountain.
Sorry your correct Reggie Fountain aquires baja

Quick Reply: Fountain Aquired Baja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.