Notices

Fountain Aquired Baja

Old 03-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DENNYB
Those who doubt this has happened? Get over it
IT HAS!!!

I could really care less about this whole story. I don`t own a Baja or a Fountain. I`m just wondering where the official press release is ?
Also, how did Fountain buy Baja ? We all know the Brunswick connection. Must be more to it than we know.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
Rob

What are you doing in Ohio ?? Did they fix the ride this time??? Hopefully it is done before all this hits !!! Better hurry back--5-9 inches of that God Damn white stuff coming again tonight !!!

Smitty
Went to check out the boat and take a tour of the plant. Everything is fixed and looks great. I hope nothing changes with the service I have received, In my dealing with Baja it has been top notch. Shoud be back here in the next week or two. Got home last night.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:52 PM
RHC
Registered

Don't let the bigger picture get twisted here folks,,, Reggie is buying market share's ,,, Baja had in excess of 30% of the performance boat market ,, He had to make a sweetheart deal with Brunswick to get this ,, My guess is he will dilute the product line and cut the production cost ,, he will also have more purchasing power with Merc . which will lower his production cost ,, Sounds like win for fountain ,, lose for Baja and all its loyal followers and dealers !! Corporate thinking at it's best ,,, Just sit at the round table drinking coffee and look at the bottom line !! don't worry about the industry or the consumer ..

RHC
Old 03-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

Is this going to work like the Brunswick era Harley's? Once the big profits on low quality ran out, owners of product produced during those glory years forever have a low quality cloud over their heads?

What about the Ohio Plant closing? Is this true? I realize Fountain wasn't a big money maker last year, but grabbing on to an even larger anchor during it's freefall doesn't seem like a solution.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Just pulled this off Google finance Fountain Powerboat Industries trading at 1.41 a share. Looks like there is no activiety???

http://finance.google.com/finance?client=news&q=fpb
Old 03-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
Brunswick owns Sea Ray and Bayliner also.
Reggie is going to combine all 4.
Does this mean my Bayliner is now worth more?
Or is my Fountain worth less?

Should I be glad I just sold my Baja?
Old 03-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern Baja
I realize Fountain wasn't a big money maker last year, but grabbing on to an even larger anchor during it's freefall doesn't seem like a solution.
Read what RHC wrote...it's business.

Let's use easy numbers... Fountain normally builds 100 boats per year and Baja builds 300 boats per year. So sales at Fountain are down to 75 a year and Baja sales are down to 200 a year... Buy the company, close the plant down, keep your existing workforce in North Carolina and built 275 boats a year leveraging overhead costs between the two companies...
Old 03-20-2008, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
I want some of your drugs. There are between 12,000 and 13,000 people in Bucyrus .... You guys really think Baja employs 6,000 plus?

It definitely wont be good for our City. No factory closing is..... Its just too bad the expansions at Timken and GE wont be done by the time the Baja closes
OK, spill your guts Dawn.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Registered

Interesting .....

Maybe Reggie wanted to get into ELBs (Entry-Level Boats)

-or-

maybe he just wanted to get Fountian into the ELB marketplace
Old 03-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

i believe fountain makes money when he produces x amount of boats and Baja probable do the same and neither have in several years, so quess what fountain increases production with the hope of selling that magical # to make the profitale and Brunzwick sell a liablity, and if the rumors or true that brunzwick owns both then win win for most. when you look at the big picture fountain probable will recall just as many people back to work that are layed off as Baja will lay off because of the sale. Make since instead of running 2 large plants at low effciency combine the 2 and run one plant in and efficient manor.

later

Quick Reply: Fountain Aquired Baja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.