Notices

Fountain Aquired Baja

Old 03-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Back4More

Reggie is saving Baja and alls anyone can do is bash him...sad.
I have a lot of resepect for Reggie and his product.

But Brunswick has deep pockets and they could have kept it going. It's hard for me to look at him as saving the company when at this time it appears that the company as we have known it is gone. It will probably close down in Ohio, 285 jobs will be lost and it looks like only a small percentage of the line will be built anymore.

I think he made a business decision that he hopes will pay him back.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I have a lot of resepect for Reggie and his product.

But Brunswick has deep pockets and they could have kept it going. It's hard for me to look at him as saving the company when at this time it appears that the company as we have known it is gone. It will probably close down in Ohio, 285 jobs will be lost and it looks like only a small percentage of the line will be built anymore.

I think he made a business decision that he hopes will pay him back.
Baja is one of many, many Brunswick companies. It was a business decision. I think Fountain will focus more on the Baja brand than what Brunswick has or will in the future.

I agree it is sad about the job loss, but I don't think this is the end of Baja. I think it will only get better for both brands.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I think Fountain will focus more on the Baja brand than what Brunswick has or will in the future.
I hope you are right and I look forward to it.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have all focused on Fountain in this deal. What does Baja have to offer Fountain? What are their financials, sales, profit, and loss? How many times have they filed for bankrupcy? What was the financial condition of the company when it was purchased? There must be a reason why Fountain purchased Baja other than to close down their Ohio plant and ruin the lives of 285 workers and family. Why not wait until it plays out before calling Reggie a heartless, typical CEO, that is only there to make a profit. I have owned a couple of Bajas and they were a fairly good boat for the money. Last time I priced one, and I have heard several posters comment on this, they seem a little high for old technology. Maybe Reggie and Fountain will improve a boat line that is a little outdated.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Registered

What happend to Scarb
Old 03-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbo2256b
What happend to Scarb
Scarb was a Model Line made by Welcraft. They just quit making the Model
Old 03-24-2008, 03:59 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
When ever a Fountain topic comes up you have something negative to post about Reggie or the company.
If his stock price is "something negative" to post.......... please look up the word "negative" as you have no idea what it means..

In truth, I have been more "objective" about Reggie and his exploits than most of his groupies who become defensive whenever anyone questions a Fountain issue.

Face it...he has warts and flaws just like you.

I.... on the other hand........

T2x

P.S. For the record, I actually admire the little egomaniac. He has done more with less (and a little family political pull and cash) than almost anyone else from Tarboro , NC.

Last edited by T2x; 03-24-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:00 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Scarb was a Model Line made by Welcraft. They just quit making the Model
I think you and the poster you replied to just set a record for misspelling SCARAB.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered

Wellcraft still makes its Scarab brand of fishing boats. The company discontinued the Scarab line of sport/high-performance boats.

The face is relevant only in that it, like the sale of Baja to Fountain, is indicative of how "big corporate" (Wellcraft is owned by Genmar, and Genmar is a big, though not as big as Brunswick) America views the future of the performance-boat market. It sure ain't a growth industry, and it hasn't been one in a long time.

Will Fountain "save" Baja? Who knows. The bigger question is: Will our economy save itself? Because there are much bigger and more ominous things (like the collapse of the home mortgage market) happening.

I'm not saying it won't. I want to be optimistic. But these are scary economic times.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Registered

... the collapse of the home mortgage market ...

Are we getting a bit dramatic in this discussion?

Quick Reply: Fountain Aquired Baja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.