Notices

Ss Chevy Trail Blazer

Old 03-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my family owned chrysler, jeep, dodge and chevy franchises. I used to tow my 27 Fountain with a grand cherokee. All the mechanics at the dealership told me no problem at all, just make sure the tranny is warm before hammering on it. So in other words dont just hook up and hit the interstate. In fact I towed my 27 through the mountains and everything and never had a problem. Don't see a problem with the SS chevy towing it at all.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Registered

I have an 06, Vector tuned/intake. 13.2@104. Tows very well.

www.trailblazerss.com
www.tbssowners.com

Last edited by prostock85; 03-20-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Unhappy

I tow my 30 velocity with one,not far,but no problems,except the crappy gas bills,worse than my boat tripps
Old 03-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered

Thanks to all
Old 03-21-2008, 11:06 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by StillHaulin@63
Vector or PCMforless?

I am worried about warranty issues on my 08, might go the CAI, tune, dual exhaust route when the time comes though.

I just found out you can get a "tow" tune....cool
I would do vector just b/c you can get their e-fans and HSRK kit also. That would give the jeep srt a run for its money. I did a pcmforless on my vortec max with a shift kit and bolt ons and love it. Zero TM on these chevy gas motors makes'em haul some azz. THey just keep on pulling when you nail it. Im trying to get an SS for my wife. i love em

Last edited by tblrklakemo; 03-21-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StillHaulin@63
If you get one, cut off the resonator and replace with a straight pipe, it will then sound like its meant to.

Definitely...just bought an 08 Durango w/the 5.7L Hemi and one of the first things I did was chop the resonator off and run a straight pipe out the back....looks/sounds way better and I think it might free up a couple of horses.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
I would do vector just b/c you can get their e-fans and HSRK kit also. That would give the jeep srt a run for its money. I did a pcmforless on my vortec max with a shift kit and bolt ons and love it. Zero TM on these chevy gas motors makes'em haul some azz. THey just keep on pulling when you nail it. Im trying to get an SS for my wife. i love em

Vector has an OEM ECM with their tune on it for $500, keeping the stock on in tact for dealer visits . Great deal, just the warranty issue is holding me back as they MIGHT be able to see me swapping them out back and forth. I would do the Efans and the tune at the same time so Chris can load that efan change on it at the same time.

And honestly, the TM issue is beginning to bother me. Problem is, the tranny is not designed for the 400hp beast, so you disable TM and play a little, you blow your tranny. And they will then see with the efan in their why it blew.

Decision, decisions, ....

I will tell you, I have had luxury cars going back the last few vehicles. The TBSS, at 2/3 the price, is 3x more fun...