Notices

Ss Chevy Trail Blazer

Old 03-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ss Chevy Trail Blazer

Does anyone have one ? Will it tow a 22 Scarab ? Are they a POS ??

Thanks
Old 03-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CROWN MAN
Does anyone have one ? Will it tow a 22 Scarab ? Are they a POS ??

Thanks
I picked mine up 3 weeks ago. I LOVE IT....

I am towing a Baja 272 with it (haven't yet though, but wieght is at 95% of the TBSS limits) so I am sure a 22 Scarab will be way under its limits. I tow very little though (200 yards to ramp and back), so I am no judge

Whats nice is the air ride suspension in back. I am told when I hitch up the boat, air will be put in to level it out, sounds pretty cool, my MDX never did anything like that.

If you get one, cut off the resonator and replace with a straight pipe, it will then sound like its meant to.

good luck...
Old 03-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Have an 06 SS, wife's car. I towed my CheckmateZT280 with it. The air leveling is a great system, makes towing very stable. 400 hp with 4:10 gears makes towing a breeze. Big brakes stop extra weight with ease. It tows better than my 2500HD believe it or not. Did some 500 mile tows in summer heat at free-way speeds with no issues.
I have had zero issues at 22k miles. Fun sleeper. Have yet to get bored with the performance.
It is AWD, wish that was selectable to have more fun but then buying 20" rubber would get expensive.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered

i tow a scarab 22 with one no problem at all, dont do long hauls but i would if i had to. fuel mpg goes down a lot i think the 4 drive stays on scott
Old 03-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered

I love mine too! I had a little computer work done on mine to take out some of the torque management they put in them. It snaps your neck now
Old 03-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wipeout
I love mine too! I had a little computer work done on mine to take out some of the torque management they put in them. It snaps your neck now
Vector or PCMforless?

I am worried about warranty issues on my 08, might go the CAI, tune, dual exhaust route when the time comes though.

I just found out you can get a "tow" tune....cool
Old 03-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by StillHaulin@63
Vector or PCMforless?

I am worried about warranty issues on my 08, might go the CAI, tune, dual exhaust route when the time comes though.

I just found out you can get a "tow" tune....cool
Vector, they say the dealer can't tell it's been tuned. I had a service station get diesel in there gas tanks and had to take it in to have it checked out. They never said anything about it. But it does run better for sure.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wipeout
Vector, they say the dealer can't tell it's been tuned. I had a service station get diesel in there gas tanks and had to take it in to have it checked out. They never said anything about it. But it does run better for sure.

alot of discussion on that right now. Apparantly, the 08's have additional logging capabiity when you swap the ECM/TCM, then possibly write to another module, then linked via satellite. Sounds like GM might be getting smart.

I have no problem with this, as when you mod you take it into your own hands, they shouldn't have to cover our ef ups for free. Just waiting to get the bugs out of the TBSS before I go that route.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by StillHaulin@63
alot of discussion on that right now. Apparantly, the 08's have additional logging capabiity when you swap the ECM/TCM, then possibly write to another module, then linked via satellite. Sounds like GM might be getting smart.

I have no problem with this, as when you mod you take it into your own hands, they shouldn't have to cover our ef ups for free. Just waiting to get the bugs out of the TBSS before I go that route.
I sent mine to them and they overnighted it back. I'm not sure if that helps since your not installing a different ECM.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Registered

You guys aren't making this easy. I was considering a Tahoe but man the Trailblazer SS is massively fun to drive. I'd be towing a Scarab SCS with it so don't foresee any problems.

Quick Reply: Ss Chevy Trail Blazer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.