Notices

Bahama Poker run

Old 03-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Bahama Poker run

Has any members on this board been on this run. I was talking with a member yesterday and I was told it was a hit or miss. That's why it is held in June or July, which was the calmest time of the year to go. Is it not only 2 hours from Miami, and how bad has it gotten, any worse than coming back from KW in Nov...3-5's occasional 6-7 hole's...Is it a fun run even though there appears to be way less boats, is it worth it or should I be looking at another Florida Powerboat run. Thanks Jeff
Old 03-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take me and I'll be your fuel b i t c h-haha! I won't steal anything either!
Old 03-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 155 Likes on 85 Posts

I'ts a great run, nothing like it. It's my favorite. It can get nasty however, and there is no shortcut or refuge. I've done it 3 times so far, once in my Cig, twice in my Cranchi, hope to go this year again. So out of 6 crossings 4 were perfect, 2 less than perfect but certainly no worse than a few of the KW trips I've taken.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mbam
I'ts a great run, nothing like it. It's my favorite. It can get nasty however, and there is no shortcut or refuge. I've done it 3 times so far, once in my Cig, twice in my Cranchi, hope to go this year again. So out of 6 crossings 4 were perfect, 2 less than perfect but certainly no worse than a few of the KW trips I've taken.
Yea I've done it with a 20 mph NE Wind - never again!
Old 03-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Has any members on this board been on this run. I was talking with a member yesterday and I was told it was a hit or miss. That's why it is held in June or July, which was the calmest time of the year to go. Is it not only 2 hours from Miami, and how bad has it gotten, any worse than coming back from KW in Nov...3-5's occasional 6-7 hole's...Is it a fun run even though there appears to be way less boats, is it worth it or should I be looking at another Florida Powerboat run. Thanks Jeff
Hi Jeff,
It's beautiful once you get there. It can be horrible crossing over. The last 2 times I went, I made it about 15 miles offshore, turned around and flew over. Once your there if it gets crappy out, your stuck until it clears up!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Jeff i am in S. Fla its been blowing here 4 days now, glad we dont need to have the boat out, should be nice this weekend
Mark
Old 03-21-2008, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Jeff I have done it twice in a 32 Sunsation with FPC. You will have absolutely no trouble running over in a 43 NT. Do the run, you will love it. It is shorter than a 2 hour run if the seas are calm, it is only about 50 miles.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the comments..just want to try one different trip this year...I hear its mandatory that the girls go down topless, in that case, Joker, you'll be drivin Mr. Jeff.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:41 AM
skater brother
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Thanks for the comments..just want to try one different trip this year...I hear its mandatory that the girls go down topless, in that case, Joker, you'll be drivin Mr. Jeff.
you are going to j-ville thats a great one
Old 03-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

We are thinking about doing it as well...

Quick Reply: Bahama Poker run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.