Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A Little Help Needed (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/182656-little-help-needed.html)

SPITFIRE 03-21-2008 06:44 PM

I agree with the benefits of gps tracking, we have them in our tractor trailers and in the business I'm in there is a need for them and actually can help to make everyone's life a little easier. I guess I'm just a little offended that someone in a position IMO that shouldn't even be there has made this decision and it feels like the sales force driving the business, and successfully I might add, is under a microscope by someone with no sales ability or understanding. I guess its justa job and if it really bothers me, I can leave. Thanks for the info.
Bill

fountain4play 03-21-2008 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by SPITFIRE (Post 2494504)
I agree with the benefits of gps tracking, we have them in our tractor trailers and in the business I'm in there is a need for them and actually can help to make everyone's life a little easier. I guess I'm just a little offended that someone in a position IMO that shouldn't even be there has made this decision and it feels like the sales force driving the business, and successfully I might add, is under a microscope by someone with no sales ability or understanding. I guess its justa job and if it really bothers me, I can leave. Thanks for the info.
Bill

No I understand your position completely and would probably feel the same way if it was me, thats the main reason we didn't implement them on our phones...

The problem usually stems from one or two individuals abusing the system and most companies take the "blanket approach" rather than just confronting the problem head on... Good luck, if it's like ours they don't get monitored that often unless something isn't right...

Edward R. Cozzi 03-22-2008 09:08 AM

When I was in auto parts sales they used to ask me for "Call Reports". Being a good salesman, but hating paper work, I seldom wrote them up. I was always one of the top producers for the company, winning trips all over the world, so they cut me much slack.

One of the owners asked me about it and I told him: "Look, do you want invoices making you and the company money, or do you want me sitting around writing up BS call reports? Look at my invoices, that's where I was on that day." Let your dollar volume do your talking for you. I successfully worked for that company over 9 years until I was stolen by another, bigger company for more money. If you're really good, you can stand your ground.

Edward R. Cozzi 03-22-2008 09:14 AM

Wow, I just remembered something that may work for you!

During the summer if I HAD to be out on Lake Michigan during business hours, I invited a customer out for a speedboat ride. Not only did it help my relationship with that company, but if I ever got caught, I was "working".