Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I found 4 Tunnel hulls in storage (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/182740-i-found-4-tunnel-hulls-storage.html)

fountainguy214 12-09-2008 06:50 AM

nice find, i wonder if they want to sell???

Wobble 12-09-2008 09:14 AM

Cool find, I wonder how they ride. BTW I am looking for a picklefork abount 19-20' looking to build another jetboat.

johnny g 12-09-2008 10:15 AM

Switzer Craft made a hull that looked like those.

BLee 12-09-2008 10:28 AM

Not exactly a great comparison "boatwise", but this reminds me of the old warehouse oversea's that houses the Sultan of Brunei's old Cigarettes.

Bud and I talked about those boats at the Lauderdale Show and he said they're still over there locked in a warehouse. Stumbling on that place with the possiblitly of coming home with one, or all of them would be a dream!

Dock Holiday 12-09-2008 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2755637)
The lady at the storage place said they were made in Fl and he use to race them,one hull has never had a motor on it,now there tied up in a estate .She said there still paying the rent,

1986 hulls.

I think you should by them Rob. Great winter project!:evilb:

jeffbare 12-09-2008 03:55 PM

Post those on Scream and Fly, someone there should know what they are.

Strip Poker 388 12-09-2008 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by mmareno (Post 2755684)
You must have a lot of time on your hands to be snooping at this time!!

Nice Find!!:ernaehrung004:

I wish I had the time now,there in a storage place were my dad keeps his motor home,Ive been keeping a eye on them,The lady at the storage place said if she hears from them she would ask if they want to sell.Thats been 2 years. The Dr. that owned them died and there in a estate,She said they pay every month on time.Hopefully I get first dibs on them,but they may think there worth a bunch,the boats would have to gutted and start from scratch.

You wouldn't believe the security system in this place,cameras and Mic's . Her office must have 6 monitors with multiple cameras on each monitor.Its next to a real bad neighborhood.

Dock Ive got enough projects this winter:(:drink:

dykstra 12-09-2008 08:26 PM

cool pics

Scotty Boy 12-09-2008 08:43 PM

Now that is a cool find!

I've seen a lot of boats, but not these. Anyone wanna venture a guess on how they would ride, handle and how fast they would go?

I wonder when and if they would pack air and lift. With that much area under it once it lifted whoa baby!

Magicfloat 12-09-2008 08:52 PM

Strip,before you do anything,please post on scream and fly,not general discussion,go to outboards and racing history.The knowledge there is unbelievable.