Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Graphics under your name?? HOW?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/18280-graphics-under-your-name-how.html)

mxz800 02-17-2002 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i am slowly getting this pic editing thing figured out this is a pic of progress in motion

Red Stripe 02-17-2002 11:07 PM

Originally posted by Waterfoul
Todd, send me an email. I don't have you in my address book, and I can't seem to figure out how to get your address from your profile!!! I have a pic I'd like to use.

[email protected]

You got mail :D

ghost 02-17-2002 11:14 PM

i would have told you to go to ur bb profile... but 15 people already did... :D

Keith 02-17-2002 11:30 PM

Simple and easy to do.

Go to the left frame where it says BB Profile. Select User Options. Go all the way to the bottom where it says Avatar. You can change it from there. Click on the Avatar Button.

There will be some to choose from, or you can upload your own. It has to be a 50x50 graphic. I have a ton you can steal from the mid-Atlantic Powerboat Association board, including some rather funny cartoon characters. Just don't steal my dancing girl, it was a pain in the a$$ to get it sized to 50x50 and still look nice!! :D

Register on the board and go into the same User Options area, right click the avatar(s) you want and save to your local drive. Most are small enough, others you'll have to edit. Animation Shop is outstanding if you want to edit animated gifs.

Mr Gadgets 02-17-2002 11:32 PM

Ok, I tried it....... I went to the BB store and lets see what happened when I picked out my candy..:D :D :D :cool: :cool:

Mr Gadgets 02-17-2002 11:38 PM

Well, Hmmmmmmmmmm that wasnt what I was expecting.. I will try it again.

That's better, but it lost a bit of detail in the shrinking process.. more work to be done!!
Later

Dick:) :)

now to get the time right..hmmmmmmm
Lets see what this does.??

Keith 02-18-2002 12:10 AM

Yes, shrinking or otherwise resizing is tricky. If you have a good editor like a Adobe, or Paintshop you can tweak the images and shrink them down to 50x50 but you'll almost always lose some detail.

Some of the avatars I have on our club sites are fine, others will have to be "cropped". You can right click and go to "Properties" when you see an image. It will tell you it's size. Take a look around at some other boards, they may have even more selections if you're like me, graphically challenged. You can also just do an internet search for "avatars", or looke for gifs or animated gifs and download some others.

Keith 02-18-2002 10:24 AM

Gadgets? How did you make out?

WRedmann 02-18-2002 10:32 AM

I guess I am going to add to the insanity :eek:

Mr Gadgets 02-18-2002 10:43 AM

Kelley,
I tried to do some detail work in Paint, but was unsuccessful. For now it will have to do. I am out of time. I have to hit the road to get back to Bay City for work tomorrow. Maybe I can find something that will work better later. But at least I figured out how to post an Avatar and change the time..

later

Dick :D :D :D