Pick up 9.1 MPH, Bravo to Alpha >

Pick up 9.1 MPH, Bravo to Alpha

Notices

Pick up 9.1 MPH, Bravo to Alpha

Old 03-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Pasq,
Calling someone a "total liar" is bashing There were three OSO members at the testing-I guess none of them are credible??
Fill us in on your "offshore experience" since you state: "Anyone who understands performance boating knows these claims are far fetched". Which offshore body of water did you gain all of your experience??
If your avatar is your "performance" boat, you maybe better suited for a "lake cruising" website. I'm sure we could help you locate such a site where your experience is better suited.

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 03-25-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Geoghegan
Pasq,
Calling someone a "total liar" is bashing There were three OSO members at the testing-I guess none of them are credible??
Fill us in on your "offshore experience" since you state: "Anyone who understands performance boating knows these claims are far fetched". Which offshore body of water did you gain all of your experience??
If your avatar is your "performance" boat, you maybe better suited for a "lake cruising" website. I'm sure we could help you locate such a site where your experience is better suited.
The thing is Bob, is that I'm not making ANY claims of speed gains or top speeds. My credibility doesn't matter. I could play with a rubber sailboat in my bathtub for all you know. And it wouldn't matter. You asked clearly, "what do you think?" in your first post. I told you what I think. This gentleman has made these claims, been asked for proof, and has not substantiated anything. This is what I think. If it's true, great. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. And for the record, I'm sure you have far more performance boating experience than I.

PS. When he "casts" his first mold of a re-worked Mercruiser Alpha drive, he will be violating patents which Brunswick will surely enforce claim to.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Pasq,
I like your new avatar!
Old 03-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 32 Posts

Pasq,
I like your new avatar!
It's all in fun!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smitty, did you run it?

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Dave, you should see ours. Dry Sump 750 with a Bravo. Chickened out at 112. Trick is put the Bravo Duo prop setup in an Imco shorty. Yowza. Smitty
Hi Smitty, did you and Anthony get the boat running? How is Boomer?

Philip
Old 03-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pasquesi
PS. When he "casts" his first mold of a re-worked Mercruiser Alpha drive, he will be violating patents which Brunswick will surely enforce claim to.

Does this mean SEI replacement drives are in violation also?!?!?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Registered

Robert, I took a Sunday afternoon and made the trip to NJ to meet TD and check out his little project. As I have stated on other post on other sites, the drive was off of the boat for some mods. The parts were pretty trick looking. I pursued this due to having interest in running a shorter drive on my boat. The Alpha SS drives are way overpriced in my opinion and the price to swap of a Bravo/Imco would be more than the value of my boat.

On the other hand, he was a little out of line with some of his comments, but was provoked on most of them. As far as being banned, He was "Baited" on another site and called the site coordinator a "Liar", but he was correct and there were posts to prove it. So take it how you want.

Still a neat project. If he was running off the wall speeds in a larger offshore boat because of some "one off/one of a kind" pieces, people would be on their knees at his door. Again, take it how you want it!!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Banned

That guy, TrippleDigits, has been banned from OSO and a few other sites. He made many outrageous claims, one of which was the fact that he had a PHD degree in engineering. Yet, he couldn't put a sentence together. Further, his claims of a cut down alpha exceeding 100 mph with a small block were never backed up with ANYTHING. When his feet were put to the fire for proof, he responded so belligerently that he was banned. I don't believe a word he writes.
That was the first person I thought of, when I read the title to this thread. I don't know about the other guy, but TD is FOS. He's banned from here, and I think he's banned from Donzi.net also.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Banned

Check out his site for his 22 Stingray:
http://www.rlcpe.com/images/projects...pledigits.html
Pasq, Triple Digits states his GOAL is 100 MPH, I don't see anywhere he claims to have done 100. He also works as an engineer, I don't know that he claimed to have a PHD. My brother in-law was with him on Easter Sunday when they went testing, his GPS didn't lie.
Oh trust me, he did make all those claims. I don't believe a word he says.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which patents specifically?

Those VOLVO PENTA patents for a Z-drive in general or ???
No, he can keep on doing whatever he wishes and good luck to him.

Great effort and Thumbs up from over here.
...And he migth even have the skills equaling a Phd....seems he at least has some to brag about.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 07-06-2008 at 03:02 AM.