Notices

Alabama Boat Ban-We Lost

Old 03-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
Somebody set up a Jet-ski rental business on that lake...those things are WAY more annoying than powerboats!!!!!
No truer words ever spoken t500hps!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:31 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

"Taxation without representation is tyranny."

Those words have more meaning now than when they were first uttered over 200 years ago.................Wake up America.....We are in the hands of politicians......and that ain't good!

T2x
Old 03-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Sorry to hear...justice prevails...as long as you have money
Old 03-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t500hps
Somebody set up a Jet-ski rental business on that lake...those things are WAY more annoying than powerboats!!!!!
What a bunch of BS!

They already have a couple of those water lice companies!

They also hurt and kill a bunch of people too. And don't get me started on the 60 Bass boats that used to drive by my house at Lake Eufaula WFO at 5:00 am on weekdays. I am sure that they have plenty of those at Martin too.

It I was king for a day over there and had to outlaw something, I think that I would just outlaw ugly boats! There are a bunch more of those than they could ever hope to have hot boats on Martin.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much to get an appeal started ?
How difficult to communicate with home owners on the 3 lakes the fact that their homes will now depreciate if expensive boats are banned from their waterfront properties?
Why is the word "cigarette boats" used to describe all boats ? Cigarette should sue for the unlicensed use of their name in a defamation phrase. Force the politicians to stop using that word when they go to granny's house to get her signature on a petition. That alone could be the reason for an appeal.
Why can't they put speed limits or noise restrictions instead of banning all boats ?
If the NMMA helped, have they made it public in their GOBOATING initiative?
Are there any lobbyists in Alabama that want to grow the boating industry in that State, it seems every other state is giving companies money to bring their business?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by the1st41
How much to get an appeal started ?
How difficult to communicate with home owners on the 3 lakes the fact that their homes will now depreciate if expensive boats are banned from their waterfront properties?
Why is the word "cigarette boats" used to describe all boats ? Cigarette should sue for the unlicensed use of their name in a defamation phrase. Force the politicians to stop using that word when they go to granny's house to get her signature on a petition. That alone could be the reason for an appeal.
Why can't they put speed limits or noise restrictions instead of banning all boats ?
If the NMMA helped, have they made it public in their GOBOATING initiative?
Are there any lobbyists in Alabama that want to grow the boating industry in that State, it seems every other state is giving companies money to bring their business?
All great points 1st41!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a shame. It's seems you get as much justice as you can afford. Doug
Old 03-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i tried to use your paypal link....it didn't work for me....
Old 03-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Croozin2
All great points 1st41!
Sorry to hear that this has came down this way, I've been watching it a little and it could happen anywhere and this is just the first instance of a wide area ban.

I'm also wondering why the "NMMA" didn't take on this fight it affects their rank and file members tremendously even if they only view this as a local issue.

You know damned well if this was about guns the "NRA" would have pulled out all the stops to see that is was defeated.

This basically tells boaters that they are on their own, we'll (the boat manufacturers) will make and sell you a boat but any restrictions some entity wants to place on you is your fight.

Seems a little odd to me to take this stance....

Too bad you couldn't get the "ACLU" to take up the fight, oh I forgot there more worried about getting books like "Heather has two Mommy's" into the classroom than to actually do something constructive.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by getchasum111
i tried to use your paypal link....it didn't work for me....
Working on it

Quick Reply: Alabama Boat Ban-We Lost

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.