Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Leaving a boat in the water (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/183029-leaving-boat-water.html)

fountain07 04-01-2008 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan8886 (Post 2501870)
Check out this site and do a search on here for airdocks.

www.airdock.com

i saw you posted this and i was wondering if you have one or know anyone who does and if the y are any good thanks.

Sydwayz 04-01-2008 09:01 AM

I just took a run around Marina Del Ray, and only saw one boat using the Armor Hull system, and one boat on an Air Dock system. That was it.

BROWNIE 04-01-2008 09:12 AM

An outdrive stored in salt water is almost as bad as a set of unflushed headers in salt water. Lift it.

CPIGUY 04-01-2008 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2508349)
I just took a run around Marina Del Ray, and only saw one boat using the Armor Hull system, and one boat on an Air Dock system. That was it.

Interesting. I wish I knew what the hell to do. The clock is ticking and I don't have a clue of how to solve this problem.

The marina's are still refusing to give me the approval to install any type of lift system.

Michael1 04-02-2008 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2508124)
Michael, Dan bought the house were we were tied up the weekend you rode with Al....Nice place!:D

No kidding? That is a gorgeous place! Congratulations to Dan.

Michael

PhantomChaos 04-02-2008 01:33 AM

Are you poodles from the "northern" SCOPE area gonna hit the Catalina trip this weekend..........or is it too cold for ya! :)

I know Tank is worried about his stickers and drives coming off......what about you Dan and Michael? Got it going on this weekend? :D

Michael1 04-02-2008 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by CPIGUY (Post 2508422)
Interesting. I wish I knew what the hell to do. The clock is ticking and I don't have a clue of how to solve this problem.

The marina's are still refusing to give me the approval to install any type of lift system.

I have seen at some harbors where people drive their boats over a giant plastic bag (for lack of a better term), and then when the boat is in the slip, they raise the rear of the bag, so the entire boat is surrounded up to the waterline. It keeps the critters from attaching to the bottom. It is far less visible than a lift, so it might be allowed.

There is also a lift at Channel Islands, in which they lift the boat to and from your trailer stored at the yard, although it is limited to four tons, and they will not run it in over about 12 knot winds.

Glad to see some new people from OSO at Channel Islands Harbor. It's a great place to go boating.

Michael

CPIGUY 04-02-2008 11:21 AM

Yeah, the yard your talikng about is right by my new house. I spoke to them and the problem is the Cobalt is too heavy. 11,000k.

Thanks fir the idea.

H20 Toie 04-02-2008 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 2509753)
Are you poodles from the "northern" SCOPE area gonna hit the Catalina trip this weekend..........or is it too cold for ya! :)

I know Tank is worried about his stickers and drives coming off......what about you Dan and Michael? Got it going on this weekend? :D

I wish i could but i am going to be in Wisconsin :( for the next two weekends.

Michael1 04-02-2008 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 2509753)

It's not too cold for this poodle, and I'm not worried about my stickers and drives coming off either...uh, mainly because I don't have any stickers or drives. These are things you don't have to worry about when you are boatless.:D

Michael