Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Picked up my new trailer today (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/183057-picked-up-my-new-trailer-today.html)

handfulz28 03-26-2008 11:03 PM

Congrats Rick! Take a couple cans of your favorite corrosion guard and spray everything (but the brake discs :D). I wish I had clear coated the aluminum on mine (or something) before dunking it in the salt.

rchevelle71 03-27-2008 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2501255)
Congratulations Rick. Looks great. Nothing like a good trailer to take some of the stress out of dragging a boat around. A good investment.
Bring it on over when you are ready.:D
Bob

Thanks Bob,

Welcome back to Florida:D That was my thought when searching for a used one to save a few $$$. I kept having this thought of a great day on the water with y'all, then ruining it by having a bearing go out at MM50 on the alley Sunday night on the ride home. I have had to rescue my in-laws from miami after blowing out a bearing Sunday night, and my wife knows all too well what happens, she has seen it many times on the way home from the keys with people sitting there on the side of the road, waiting for a repair. I have some fine tuning to do on the motor still, parts come in today, then next weekend is the St. Cloud race, then Miami the following week. I will get over there sometime this summer:D

Rick

rchevelle71 03-27-2008 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 2501304)
all in my brain... :cool-smiley-011:

send the dimensions of the number block.

I like it, maybe just tweak the colors a bit. I will get ya the Dim's

rchevelle71 03-27-2008 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by handfulz28 (Post 2501536)
Congrats Rick! Take a couple cans of your favorite corrosion guard and spray everything (but the brake discs :D). I wish I had clear coated the aluminum on mine (or something) before dunking it in the salt.

Mike,

I was thinking the same thing, at least around the bolts and stuff, I have seen many where the mismatched metal from the stainless bolts, and the AL frame cause some corrosion.

Rick

cuda 03-27-2008 08:13 AM

Good deal Rick. There is nothing more comforting, than to know you're towing with a new trailer. Used trailers are extremely hard to find, fiberglass always last longer in salt, than metal does. A friend of mine, that lives near you somewhere, has an aluminum trailer. When I first met him at the Donzi Hometown Rally a few years ago, his trailer was so shiny, you'd have sworn it was polished stainless steel. The next year, it was so shiny, it looked like the whole trailer was chrome dipped. He uses some polish he gets at the big truck stops. I forget the name of it. He keeps all his stuff looking better than new.