Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Warning, Sea beacon Marine. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/183078-warning-sea-beacon-marine.html)

cuda 03-27-2008 07:56 PM

Here in Florida, anything over $300 is a felony. They even have a special line to get in to prosecute a bad check. The bad check is definetly in your favor.

As far as Rick, I know him, and he is a stand up guy, and a guy that will help anyone out. I'm sure he thought he was helping you with the referall. I assure you, that Rick had nothing to do with the shady dealings.

cuda 03-27-2008 08:01 PM

I have personaly threatened contractors with bodily harm, to get them to write me a check, even though I knew the check was no good. Without a bad check, all I have is a civil matter to prosecute, and then you only get a judgement, not the money. It's up to you to collect the judgement, whereas, with a bad check in hand, you now have a criminal case against him, and when convicted, I guarantee that restitution will be part of his sentence, or part of his probation. Don't ask me how I know this. :mad:

rchevelle71 03-27-2008 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by cuda (Post 2502714)
Here in Florida, anything over $300 is a felony. They even have a special line to get in to prosecute a bad check. The bad check is definetly in your favor.

As far as Rick, I know him, and he is a stand up guy, and a guy that will help anyone out. I'm sure he thought he was helping you with the referall. I assure you, that Rick had nothing to do with the shady dealings.

Thank you Joe,

Most of yhese guys here dont know me, but those that do(including Joe) I am SURE will tell you, I meant no harm. As everyone can see, I stood up as soon as I saw this thread, no hiding on my part.

Rick

cuda 03-27-2008 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 2502723)
Thank you Joe,

Most of yhese guys here dont know me, but those that do(including Joe) I am SURE will tell you, I meant no harm. As everyone can see, I stood up as soon as I saw this thread, no hiding on my part.

Rick

Yes, most of the time I wouldn't stick my neck out to take someone's side, but knowing you as I do, I have no problem putting my reputation on the line, right beside yours.

DrewDown 03-27-2008 11:40 PM

Bling, I told you from the beginning just to fly me out to do the service.

PhantomChaos 03-27-2008 11:50 PM

Sucks............sorry Bling!

RunninHotRacing163.1 03-28-2008 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by berns29scarab (Post 2502596)
im thinkin it outta be taken outta his azzzzzzz

They only do that in Jersey :D:D

Semper Fi 03-28-2008 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 (Post 2503109)
They only do that in Jersey :D:D

Or if you're from Jersey........I haven't lived there in 15 years, but that part of Jersey is still in my Italian blood!!

Comanche3Six 03-28-2008 04:01 PM

Well, where is Chris George with one of his snappy pea soup bullchit excuses?

Chris Sunkin 03-28-2008 04:07 PM

Florida is the wrong place to bounce a check.