Notices
View Poll Results: How would you like to see images handled on the board?
Display them inline (in the message), and keep them at 450x450 pixels
72.50%
Display them inline, but make them smaller: 225 x 225
5.00%
Don't put them inline at ALL: just make a link to the image
15.00%
Images? what are images?
7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

New image size limits

Old 02-16-2002, 11:41 AM
OSO Webmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New image size limits

Due to complaints from users with slower connections (ie. dialup) I have lowered the limit on uploaded images. You may now only upload images that are 225pixels x 225pixels or less, and are smaller than 50K.

In other words, the images you upload must now be smaller.

Please let me know (via the poll, or post a msg) how you feel about this.

Also, for those of you with slow connections, you should really reduce the number of messages that display in thread view and view posts. This will DRAMATICALLY speed up your pages loading.
[list=1][*]Go to "BB Profile" [*]click on "Edit Options"[*]Scroll down to the "Thread View Options" section[*]Change "Default Posts per Thread:" to 10 (or maybe even 5)[/list=1]
Old 02-16-2002, 11:53 AM
Registered

That's a cool poll with graphs and all, the clarity of the pics decreases when shrunk down, but I'm no photoshop expert, lets get some "how to" on shrinking them clearly, from people of the board that know, if (225 x 225) is the direction we need to go in the future.
Old 02-16-2002, 12:24 PM
Registered

I'm on a dial-up from home and it not the pictures in the threads that I mind waiting for, it all the other stuff on the left side of the page that takes too long everytime I go to another page. The page always pops right up but then it takes another 30 sec+ to load the ads and the links on the left.

I say keep the pictures in the threads at 450 or whatever they were and go to a frames format for the pages so they dont have to load up everytime I goto another page.
Does that make sense?

just my .02
Old 02-16-2002, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the larger image sizes as well. Other than when the changeover was made I have not experienced any problems loading the pages
Old 02-16-2002, 01:29 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Boy is it a pain in the ass to resize a photo so that it fits. I'm with too old, 450x450 sounds good to me.
Old 02-16-2002, 01:35 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey RonP, It's even worse trying to make my avatar 50x50

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-16-2002, 04:17 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I use dial up and it is not that slow. It doesn't take any longer than loading pics from any other site. 450 x 450 is fine and still gives a decent pic size.
Old 02-16-2002, 04:50 PM
ScreaminDemon

I would prefer to see a little icon or thumbnail...then you just click and see the pic! That way, page loads fast and pics are only a click away!

Old 02-16-2002, 05:08 PM
AirSpeedEngineering

It is my understanding that the program (OSO code) can be written to resize the photo's automatically, so the user shouldn't have to worry about sizing the actual photo's. But, I would actually prefer to see a small thumbnail and have the pages load faster. That was, in my opinion, the fun part of this board, being able to jump around a read different views and opinions very quickly without long periods of waiting. I understand that the OSO owners must make money with advertising and that is a neccessity, but all the other things need to be separated or minimized from the rest.
Just my two cents.

Old 02-16-2002, 06:19 PM
NICKSLICK

The ultimate "SOLUTION" is to have a button in ones profile that says

I AM A HILLBILLY WITH A 12MHZ COMPUTER AND A MODEM... YES/NO

If they click it on... it will not display ANY IMAGES...

While the rest of us however... see full size images, at any size we like...

Check out another very popular board, like LABUSAS.ORG and you will see you can post a 1024x768 image there... in fact AS MANY AS YOU WANT...

nobody *****es... its a take it or leave it proposition...

Quick Reply: New image size limits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.