Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   HORBA presents Don Aronow Memorial Race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/183165-horba-presents-don-aronow-memorial-race.html)

rtaylor 04-08-2008 11:05 AM

oh yeah, sorry.

tommymonza 04-08-2008 09:17 PM

So what about that bolt on swim platform question I had about meeting minium length requirements?

rtaylor 04-09-2008 10:53 AM

Hows the response going? are apps coming in?

Top Banana 04-09-2008 11:32 AM

3 Attachment(s)
We are starting to see a lot of downloads of the forms and entry applications.

We have some definites in hand right now and a very special entry at that.

This boat will be starting in starting position number 1.

This is the first race boat Don Aronow raced, that he called The Cigarette, it is a 1963 Formula 233 with an original 409 cu in engine with dual quads on it.

It has been restored to perfection by a HORBA member and the motor work was done by Innovation Marine in Sarasota. They are doing a refresher right now so the boat will be ready for the race.

1waterboy1 04-09-2008 03:30 PM

Any chance that future endurance races will have group starts by class instead of single boat starts?Why is the single boat start format being used anyway?

OldSchool 04-09-2008 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 2504143)
I like the timed event and sounds like a good set up. Glassdave is in with me so I'll wait for the email and get the fees sent in. :)

Are you racing your Tiger?????

offshoredrillin 04-09-2008 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 2519274)
Are you racing your Tiger?????

yes

XtremePowerboats.com 04-09-2008 05:40 PM

The single boat start was designed to keep the safety factor .We were trying to bring some Poker run boaters for there first race experience.The coast quard thought that it would be a safer way to start the race for the first time racers .
We also think that each boat will race there own time but can still run with each other across the ocean.The starts will be very quick between boats to create a constant path of boats.
When we get the entries we can conclude the final dicision.

Scott B 04-09-2008 05:51 PM

An OPEN 233 Formula can enter, but an OPEN 28 Cary cannot? What the heck happened?? Did the rules change? Did the waters part? Is DA himself coming down to officiate and has requested a Formula for a pace boat??

Oooh, wait wait, I know I knowwwwwwwww: No one wants to race the original Donzi hull...

Ahh, that makes PERFECT sense.. :Whatever:

Sorry, I was temporarily confused.. :cool-smiley-027:

XtremePowerboats.com 04-09-2008 06:23 PM

Scott B,send photos of the cary !let,s see what we can do .We want all offshore powerboats to enter the race.We are just waiting til next year to allow Center -consoles !Contact Charlie/ Top banana ,or e-mail me anytime .