Notices

HORBA presents Don Aronow Memorial Race

Old 05-07-2008, 12:24 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximus
IS Rich Luhrs (t2x) going to cover it? that would be cool.
If there's enough demand maybe I can get Phil Lewis out of hibernation. He is thinking about it........

I have volunteered to do any announcing, live to tape from the helo (like the old days) or otherwise, that is needed for the event...and I will definitely be there......

T2x
Old 05-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
If there's enough demand maybe I can get Phil Lewis out of hibernation. He is thinking about it........

I have volunteered to do any announcing, live to tape from the helo (like the old days) or otherwise, that is needed for the event...and I will definitely be there......

T2x
Wonderful, Looking forward to the stories and comparisons.

So Rich how do we get all the big talkers on OSO who have begged and wished (it was like the old days) to come out and run this course. Maybe your "mythical character" I can't remember his name can start a thread calling these guys out...In the nicest of ways of course
Old 05-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think I have ever asked for an autograph, but I'm bringing my SeaRace book Sign here please
Old 05-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Richie, I think you will be amazed at the turnout. We have commitments for Odell, Mel, Sam James, Gene Wagner, Jim Emerson, Gene Lanham, Dick Clark, Larry Smith, Pete Rothschild, Dale Thayer, Phil Schenk, Butch Stokes, Carl and Jeanne Moesley (Health permitting) Dave Craig, Jim Hauser (Armand's son), Fred Kiekhaefer, George Peroni, Keith Sparks, Eddie Trotta, Sam Sarra, Willie Meyers, Doug Silvera, and a lot more. It is growing like topsy. I am thrilled to see so many guys that I admire so much. All of them that I have personally talked to said the same thing: "You couldn't keep me away".
Brownie: As they say you are the man, WOW!!!!!! and well done. I would love to see all those guys again, especially Gene Wagner, Odel, and Mel. Gene was responsible for getting me started back in 1967/8 he gave me my big break in Offshore. What about Chet Strickland, I think Phil Schank should know how to get hold of him. Also Johnnie Backus, and John Steinbach. I think John S. is working for Fountain??? We better alert the bars we attend that there could be trouble, and they should look into the purchase of some Vermox !!!!!!!!!! if you know what I mean. One thing that might be cool as a memento would be some sort of key chain. When I went to my Lake X reunion, Schwebbie had some key chains made in the shape of the Lake, and had them stenciled, lake x reunion and the date, I still have mine.You know the shame of the whole thing is that the guys of today would have no idea who everyone is or what they have accomplished, and contributed to the sport of Offshore. Maybe we should have everyone do a brief bio, and introduce each person, you know have them write the highlights, and the years they raced. Food for thought.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
Brownie: As they say you are the man, WOW!!!!!! and well done. I would love to see all those guys again, especially Gene Wagner, Odel, and Mel. Gene was responsible for getting me started back in 1967/8 he gave me my big break in Offshore. What about Chet Strickland, I think Phil Schank should know how to get hold of him. Also Johnnie Backus, and John Steinbach. I think John S. is working for Fountain??? We better alert the bars we attend that there could be trouble, and they should look into the purchase of some Vermox !!!!!!!!!! if you know what I mean. One thing that might be cool as a memento would be some sort of key chain. When I went to my Lake X reunion, Schwebbie had some key chains made in the shape of the Lake, and had them stenciled, lake x reunion and the date, I still have mine.You know the shame of the whole thing is that the guys of today would have no idea who everyone is or what they have accomplished, and contributed to the sport of Offshore. Maybe we should have everyone do a brief bio, and introduce each person, you know have them write the highlights, and the years they raced. Food for thought.
Just thought of something regarding the Bio`s, could be some still haven`t learned to write, and as far as the puter`s.?????????? Just joking, I figure I would beat you to the punch.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Phil is getting Chet. Also Culver.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by HUSTLEthis
Yea Tank, take the boats out to Florida.....
Well, yea, that would make more sense wouldn't it?
Old 05-07-2008, 02:53 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

So Rich how do we get all the big talkers on OSO who have begged and wished (it was like the old days) to come out and run this course. Maybe your "mythical character" I can't remember his name can start a thread calling these guys out...In the nicest of ways of course
Baron Horatio Schwartz...thinks they're all afraid to race him and the infamous Schwartzcraft...............

T2x
Old 05-07-2008, 02:56 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CanDo
You have it copyrighted, correct? So what good is having the copyright on anything, if your not willing to follow up on it. I'll jump out on a limp here by saying that everything we say, we hear someone else say it beforehand. ALL of us.
Maybe.........

But who said "Alas, poor Yorick" before Shakespeare?

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 05-08-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

there was a thread posted about a year and a half ago. I said then if they do it I will come...everything is falling in place. fingers crossed for no last minute emergencies.

Quick Reply: HORBA presents Don Aronow Memorial Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.