Notices

Sunday Boating

Old 03-31-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Todd's dump is right off of April fools point. Its and under water shell obstruction. Its marked with the first marker just off the point.

your right the water did get a little rougher around the point but we turned around to eat lunch at Outriggers.Guess e should have went to Top water.
Is that the big wooden pole that is right off the point? That is my marker to turn and run into Top Water. I always stay to the outside. I can't seem to ever get into Outriggers on weekends, very limited boat parking and going into the channel on the side at low tide makes me nervous, supposed to be some rocks on the opposite side.

Give me a call if you guys go out, we try to go somewhere on Sundays if the weather is good. I will PM you my phone.

Gerritm
Old 03-31-2008, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gerritm
Is that the big wooden pole that is right off the point? That is my marker to turn and run into Top Water. I always stay to the outside. I can't seem to ever get into Outriggers on weekends, very limited boat parking and going into the channel on the side at low tide makes me nervous, supposed to be some rocks on the opposite side.

Give me a call if you guys go out, we try to go somewhere on Sundays if the weather is good. I will PM you my phone.

Gerritm

Thats the one..Atleast thats the one that is on my chart where it says Todd's dump.

Outriggers is pretty hard to get into on the weekendsI was talking to the owner yesterday and he said they are getting ready to add another 190' of dock and dredge the channel so you can get in and out very easily. Also said they have alot planned since Seabrook beach club closed.

I'll give you a shout next time im out. Gotta get the starter issue fixed.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Gotta get the starter issue fixed.
Just use a wind up rubber band.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you guys are talking about this spot. It looks like you should stay on the inside of the post/marker

Ernie
Attached Thumbnails Sunday Boating-galvestonbay.jpg   Sunday Boating-galvestonbay_zoom.jpg  
Old 03-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It doesn't make sense that you should be that close to the bank, but you will regret it if you don't! Todd's Dump has claimed some boats!
Old 03-31-2008, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I belive I may have photos of some torn #6 skegs and some "scuffing" on the bottom of a 36 skater.

Ernie
Old 03-31-2008, 09:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TopSpin80
I belive I may have photos of some torn #6 skegs and some "scuffing" on the bottom of a 36 skater.

Ernie
Is it the purple and yellow from La?? I saw him limp in witha busted drive last summer.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by THLWL
It doesn't make sense that you should be that close to the bank, but you will regret it if you don't! Todd's Dump has claimed some boats!
You learn something new every day. i was told to hug the wooden marker pole with the sign on it to the outside, I always go tight to it. It sure looks like there is better water to the inside. I have been told that at lower tides that inside the marker can be shallow. Now I am confused. I have a track marked on my GPS that I follow.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gerritm
You learn something new every day. i was told to hug the wooden marker pole with the sign on it to the outside, I always go tight to it. It sure looks like there is better water to the inside. I have been told that at lower tides that inside the marker can be shallow. Now I am confused. I have a track marked on my GPS that I follow.
What i really have a problem with is all the white pvc poles marking stuff. Way to hard to see at speed and the glare. Atleast paint them red or yellow or something.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

What i really have a problem with is all the white pvc poles marking stuff. Way to hard to see at speed and the glare. Atleast paint them red or yellow or something.
They shouldn't be hard to see at the speed of smell.

Quick Reply: Sunday Boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.