Notices

Non Slip Mats

Old 03-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Non Slip Mats

Does anyone know of a non-slip mat or material that can be laid on the surface of a boat to make it safe for walking?

Due to the slope of the boat it's pretty treacherous trying to go from one boat to another while tied up with other boats...

I'm looking for something that won't slip when stepped on and will not harm the painted surface of the boat..
Old 03-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Most people use bath mats in diff colors.rubber backed and roll up.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I remember seeing some clear non-slip on Sunsation's F4. Looked nice..maybe somebody has a source for it.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Pick up a yoga mat from Target or Walmart. They work great on the swim platform, sunpad, deck, gunwale; anywhere.

I routinely lay one over the swim platform just so you don't get the exhaust soot on your feet and whatever else touches the platform.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not tried it but I would think that the tool box tray liners would probably work well. It is soft, padded. and designed to be non-slip. They sell it a Wal-mart, Sears or just about anywhere. It's worth a try anyway!
Old 03-02-2008, 04:02 AM
cloke

Originally Posted by customtouch
I have not tried it but I would think that the tool box tray liners would probably work well. It is soft, padded. and designed to be non-slip. They sell it a Wal-mart, Sears or just about anywhere. It's worth a try anyway!
EXACTLY

This is what I use. Comes in a roll. Put it across my deck when rafting at lunch stops on Poker Runs. Works perfectly

Old 03-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I had Nortech make a gunnel pad so that when boarding people could step on this as to not ruin the paint. Its backed with a non skid material, and matches one of the color vinyls of my interior. Rolls up easy, and dries out quickly if gets wet. Im going to get some snaps put in there as well. When I go out today I will take a few pics. Jeff
Old 03-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i keep a roll of cabinet and drawer liner for those few times i wax the boat and its slick
Old 03-02-2008, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We were rafted up to a boat at Gilberts on the FPC run a couple of weeks ago that had the tool box liner across his bow and it seemed to work real well. I'm going to grab a roll the next time I go to Lowes.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok I have an Idea (very expensive but still an idea)

We have been taking photos of custom cars then photoshoping a cool backround to them to create and unique look for someones car to plaque and hang on a wall

Recently we did a floor mat 4' x 3' for a customer with his car
we had already photoshopped his car for plaquing so the art cost were paid for and the finished plaque turned out great

The Mat is made of rubber and wont slip and would be something cool to have onboard with a picture of your boat either with or without the custom backround

I am taking it with me to the Detroit World of wheels show (We have a booth there) to display it before it goes off to the customer

let me take a picture a minute and i will post what it looks like I am in the shop today anyway

Quick Reply: Non Slip Mats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.