Notices

Show some US1 on boats

Old 04-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
looking to deacal US1 on the front of the cig along with a flag

looking for some ideas

Jimmy Lees looks awsome and recovery 40 skater is nice also, what others are out there

Wild
Hey BIG Daddy as you stated Jimmy Lees Freedom US1 is Badd azz , good luck
Attached Thumbnails Show some US1 on boats-ozarks-041.jpg  
Old 04-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by waterboy222
are you guys freakin serious?? i guess i should put for sale signs on my factory replica sport bikes..its not like the guys askin for trophys with his name scribbled on them.. its obvious that the boats not a race boat if its packed with coolers and women.. i doubt anyone on the water looks and says "pffft, i doubt that is the true US-1 champion, poser"..

and to tell someone that they "dont have any business" doin something they want to their own PRIVATELY OWNED and FUNDED boat, puhlease! If i wanted to pain my entire boat like the sunsation world champion boat, i could...

by the way, welcome to america.. land of the free and home of choice...

UT-OH L@@ks like STECZ pizzed in waters Cheerios again
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
If you don't earn the "US-1" number, you have no business putting it on your boat. Honestly I am sick of the wannabe's putting that BS on their boats. If I had a million bucks and went out and bought an ex-raceboat with US-1 numbers, I wouldn't run it until I either got it repainted or won a national championship. If you want to prove what a great racer/driver/throttleman you are, put yourself out in the competition of offshore powerboat racing. It will never be the same as it was in the early 80's, and that's too bad...I'm sure we'll always have to deal with posers...

calm down will ya......

guy is just asking about decals.... dont take yourselves so serious will ya.... the paint job on a rig is art and represents what the owner likes.. thats it.... dont make me smack yas around....
Old 04-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Registered

with all the tickets that jimmys driver got towing freedom down to Florida, he may have to start rentin that boat out! haha..damn finicky D.O.T.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
All this time I thought you had to earn the number.

Mine had one of these...
in it.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:12 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
If you don't earn the "US-1" number, you have no business putting it on your boat. Honestly I am sick of the wannabe's putting that BS on their boats. If I had a million bucks and went out and bought an ex-raceboat with US-1 numbers, I wouldn't run it until I either got it repainted or won a national championship. If you want to prove what a great racer/driver/throttleman you are, put yourself out in the competition of offshore powerboat racing. It will never be the same as it was in the early 80's, and that's too bad...I'm sure we'll always have to deal with posers...
I agree
Old 04-02-2008, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just looking to break up the all white -geeeeeeez

some of you guys are testy, you need a winter hoby

if anything it should be a complment to the racers, sorry i asked, but thanks to all that helped
Old 04-02-2008, 08:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd rather see US-1 on a boat than the number "69".
Old 04-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

You guys are Unbelievable!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know what's worse than putting US 1 on a pleasure boat?

Painting it like the banner apache and then making it a bow rider! Now that should make some blood boil!!!!!

Well. officially, there goes the thread, sorry Randy.

My question is, is there actually a way to earn the US-1 anymore? 19 different organizations running races, several different world championships, I mean, really, is it possible to earn that number anymore?

And Randy there is another down side to that, people do think they are former race boats when you go to sell them. I got asked that a lot on Red Cloud.

What I would do if I were you is put a real nice flowing bow flag on the front, similar to chads old speed racer and then have someone cut the Cigarette script in blue over chrome for the side like you are seeing on some of the newer boats.

Last edited by Von Bongo; 04-02-2008 at 10:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Show some US1 on boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.