Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Show some US1 on boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/183440-show-some-us1-boats.html)

Wild 04-01-2008 09:31 AM

Show some US1 on boats

looking to deacal US1 on the front of the cig along with a flag

looking for some ideas

Jimmy Lees looks awsome and recovery 40 skater is nice also, what others are out there

Wild

Semper Fi 04-01-2008 12:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a 33' Powerplay with the US1, but no flag

DollaBill 04-01-2008 12:03 PM

offshoredrillin had a great looking US 1 on the bow. Don't know if it's still there

jryan26 04-01-2008 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
carter31s new ride

Chris Sunkin 04-01-2008 12:16 PM

All this time I thought you had to earn the number.
;)

Ryan Beckley 04-01-2008 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First off. I don't really support putting numbers on a pleasure boat. If it a boat with a race history that won a championship it is OK. With that said I could do these for you.....

Strip Poker 388 04-01-2008 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley (Post 2508678)
First off. I don't really support putting numbers on a pleasure boat. If it a boat with a race history that won a championship it is OK. With that said I could do these for you.....

Putting #'s on a pleasure boat will get a lot of attention (The Cops:eek:)

I don't even want registration #'s on mine,to me its better to be invisible:evilb:being one of three that have big boats on our lake,my odds aren't good:(

Gladhe8er 04-01-2008 10:34 PM

If you don't earn the "US-1" number, you have no business putting it on your boat. Honestly I am sick of the wannabe's putting that BS on their boats. If I had a million bucks and went out and bought an ex-raceboat with US-1 numbers, I wouldn't run it until I either got it repainted or won a national championship. If you want to prove what a great racer/driver/throttleman you are, put yourself out in the competition of offshore powerboat racing. It will never be the same as it was in the early 80's, and that's too bad...I'm sure we'll always have to deal with posers...

DMOORE 04-01-2008 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er (Post 2509628)
If you don't earn the "US-1" number, you have no business putting it on your boat. Honestly I am sick of the wannabe's putting that BS on their boats. If you want to prove what a great racer/driver/throttleman you are, put yurself out in the competition of offshore powerboat racing. It will never be the same as it was in the early 80's, and that's too bad...

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.

Darrell.

waterboy222 04-01-2008 10:40 PM

are you guys freakin serious?? i guess i should put for sale signs on my factory replica sport bikes..its not like the guys askin for trophys with his name scribbled on them.. its obvious that the boats not a race boat if its packed with coolers and women.. i doubt anyone on the water looks and says "pffft, i doubt that is the true US-1 champion, poser"..

and to tell someone that they "dont have any business" doin something they want to their own PRIVATELY OWNED and FUNDED boat, puhlease! If i wanted to pain my entire boat like the sunsation world champion boat, i could...

by the way, welcome to america.. land of the free and home of choice...