Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Leverage Polish (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/183443-leverage-polish.html)

marineclean 04-01-2008 07:18 PM

The Vinyl/Leather Conditioner is your UV Protection.

BajaBennett 04-01-2008 08:09 PM

Donnie is a great guy with a product that does what he claims. This is my second year using Leverage in Florida. I t holds up extremely well. Try it, you will like it.

Dail

jayhawk261 04-01-2008 08:17 PM

I have a bottle I bought last year from (shall remain nameless) and I didn't use it because I had the boat polished professionally. I plan on using some this spring to put a nice fresh shine on her! It is still good after a year I assume!

marineclean 04-01-2008 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawk261 (Post 2509384)
I have a bottle I bought last year from (shall remain nameless) and I didn't use it because I had the boat polished professionally. I plan on using some this spring to put a nice fresh shine on her! It is still good after a year I assume!

Just shake and spray. :D

FountainMike 04-02-2008 09:15 AM

Donnie,
I posted this in the giant thred in Fiberglass and Paint, not sure if you saw it yet.

I just ordered your Oxidation Remover and Polish from Lakeside Restorations and I should have it by the end of the week. The person I spoke to recommended buffing the whole boat with the Oxidation Remover and then applying the Polish by hand. I ordered a 16oz bottle of each and he said this should be enough for a 29' boat. If you have any recommendations for applying the Oxidation Remover with a buffer I would appreciate it (i.e. how many buffer pads will I need.) Please email me when you have a minute [email protected].

Thanks for your help and I look forward usuing your product and a white boat again!
Mike

marineclean 04-02-2008 11:31 AM

GG(no longer on OSO)

marineclean 04-02-2008 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by MAI0076 (Post 2509991)
Donnie,
I posted this in the giant thred in Fiberglass and Paint, not sure if you saw it yet.

I just ordered your Oxidation Remover and Polish from Lakeside Restorations and I should have it by the end of the week. The person I spoke to recommended buffing the whole boat with the Oxidation Remover and then applying the Polish by hand. I ordered a 16oz bottle of each and he said this should be enough for a 29' boat. If you have any recommendations for applying the Oxidation Remover with a buffer I would appreciate it (i.e. how many buffer pads will I need.) Please email me when you have a minute [email protected].

Thanks for your help and I look forward usuing your product and a white boat again!
Mike

Thanks Mike!
email sent

Strip Poker 388 04-02-2008 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by marineclean (Post 2509026)
Rob,

You need to get out of the UC section more. :D

Follow Bi Boy's link and ye shall see the light. Carnauba for car Not for Boat. My longevity is 3X-5X more than 3M or Meguiars especially on fiberglass, plus Leverage was designed for fiberglass. I spent many years researching and testing before I was satisfied. You'll find many different helpful articles posted in the Paint/Fiberglass section.

Donnie

Aw now I havent been doing much in there:DDonnie whats the difference between protecting a cars paint job compared to protecting a car paint job on a boat(not fiberglass/gelcoat ?

Rob

marineclean 04-02-2008 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2510395)
Aw now I havent been doing much in there:DDonnie whats the difference between protecting a cars paint job compared to protecting a car paint job on a boat(not fiberglass/gelcoat ?

Rob

Hey Rob,

Metal heats, oxidizes and ages different from fiberglass. Even with Clear it's still on fiberglass. Painted boats still get oxidation, but not as much as gel. You still don't need to clog the pores or coat them with petroleum distillates or kerosene.

Donnie

marineclean 04-02-2008 05:12 PM

Bump