Notices

Leverage Polish

Old 07-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok got the interior cleaner and conditioner and went to work yesterday. Stuff works great! Looks wet but isn't! Here are some pics. Wish I would have taken some before shots. for some reason it is saying my image files are supported and they are .jpg
Old 07-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Registered

not sure why it won;t let me.. Anyway they are on at speedwake.com

Great stuff
Old 07-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by racesdad
great stuff.period. we will not use anything else
Who are you kidding! You never applied any kind of way on anything. The only waxing you've ever done is on your @$#*!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Let's say you have a boat that has been sitting out for 20 years, and the gel has no shine at all. Would you be better off Leverage Oxidation Remover and Polish, or, is it such a lost cause that you would be better off using something like Vertglass or Poliglow which puts a gloss finish over to top of the oxidized finish?

Michael
Old 07-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
Your not fool'in anybody cupcake, its pink cuz you painted it pink . . .

Great stuff Donnie, I have been in this biz longer than i care to think about and this stuff works. A lot of thought, research and effort goes into his products.
your just mad because you wanted me to keep it pink. your color
Old 07-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
Let's say you have a boat that has been sitting out for 20 years, and the gel has no shine at all. Would you be better off Leverage Oxidation Remover and Polish, or, is it such a lost cause that you would be better off using something like Vertglass or Poliglow which puts a gloss finish over to top of the oxidized finish?

Michael
Hi Michael,

It would be better to do it right the first time. I would try the OR in an area and see if you get the shine back. It all depends on the boat. Some I have to wetsand and most I can just buff out. You want the Oxidation gone not just covered up and showing again in a few short months, so here's a few links that will get you the finish I imagine you're looking for.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=185093
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=161709
Old 07-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by marineclean
Hi Michael,

It would be better to do it right the first time. I would try the OR in an area and see if you get the shine back. It all depends on the boat. Some I have to wetsand and most I can just buff out. You want the Oxidation gone not just covered up and showing again in a few short months, so here's a few links that will get you the finish I imagine you're looking for.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=185093
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=161709
I assume if you get too agressive or it has oxidized off a considerable amount of finish, you could end up going through the gel coat. How can you tell if you should stop, before nothing is left?

Michael
Old 07-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I assume if you get too agressive or it has oxidized off a considerable amount of finish, you could end up going through the gel coat. How can you tell if you should stop, before nothing is left?

Michael

bring it too a professional getting the oxidation out using the oxidation remover from Leverage. Then it will be much easier for you to maintain from this point forward using the Leverage Polish.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Registered

Michael
Michael, If you have a high speed buffer hit it with the OR at about 1200-1400 rpm's just DONT push hard and watch the edges. If you need a sample of the Oxidation Remover, feel free to call me and I will send you some. I am in the Los Angeles area or if you feel do not feel confident doing it yourself I can give you a quote. 562.544.4732 Mark
Old 07-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Registered

I usually have to buff out my boat with a buffer and rubbing compound then try to protect the new finish. I tried the Leverage for the first time this year and wish I would of had it when I first got the boat. It would still look brand new if that was the case. The stuff works and is easy to use.
Attached Thumbnails Leverage Polish-05-05-08_1933.jpg  

Last edited by RollWithIt; 07-07-2008 at 09:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Leverage Polish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.