Boat cover from Nationalboatcovers.com >

Boat cover from Nationalboatcovers.com

Notices

Boat cover from Nationalboatcovers.com

Old 08-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Boat cover from Nationalboatcovers.com

I am going to purchase a cover from Nationalboatcovers.com. I am trying to decide between the Windstorm and the Sunbrella cover. I know that the sunbrella material is supposed to be very good. The windstorm has a 7yr warranty and the sunbrella has a 8 year warranty. Has anyone have direct experience with both of them? The sunbrella is almost twice the price. Is it worth the extra near $400 over the windstorm? Will the sunbrella last twice as long as the windstorm? The cover will be used in a tropical climate.

Just to throw it out there...how about the Supreme aqua shield from Iboats.com?
Old 08-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the windstorm for a year now. No issues. Lighter weight than the sunbrella. I figured for the cost it was best.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have only used Sunbrella for 25 years and it always performs. My 28' Cigarette CC has a full cover that goes all the way to the chines to protect the paint and graphics. Make sure that you use 303 water repellant every year especially in the south. Do not use silicones! You get what you pay for.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ren3
I have only used Sunbrella for 25 years and it always performs. My 28' Cigarette CC has a full cover that goes all the way to the chines to protect the paint and graphics. Make sure that you use 303 water repellant every year especially in the south. Do not use silicones! You get what you pay for.
I know that the rule of thumb usually with boats.....but at the price point you can get 2 of the 7 year warranty covers for the price of 1 sunbrella. How long did your sunbrella covers last?
Old 08-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might want to try go2marine they have custom fit covers for around the same price. Friend has one on his boat even had reinforcements at top of windshield and other stress points.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Windstorm for my boat. The fit is amazing and the quality is great. I know by boat is only 21 ft, but I can install and remove the cover myself.....even in the wind.