Racing through Hell's Canyon @ 115 mph. >

Racing through Hell's Canyon @ 115 mph.

Notices

Racing through Hell's Canyon @ 115 mph.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I always said the only things that would scare me are saying "I Do" and hearing "I'm Pregnant"...but that might do it too.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll answer some of the questions asked by folks;

1. LZH "What river is that?"

Answer to that question would be the Upper Rouge River in Grant's Pass Oregon.

2. YSS "Is it possible that someone could be coming down the river at the same time?"

Answer to that question would be no The river is closed to all boating and fishing traffic. All spectators are to remain a minimum of 50 feet from the bank of the river. There are numerous counties (Sherrif Boats) involved in this race. Lots of river patrols and saftey personell sweep the river before and after each individual leg of the race from. . start to finish. There are also divers on hand in case they are needed

3. Perlmudder " That's pretty serious, How deep is the water?"

Answer to this question would be depending where you are on the river. The Hell's Canyon section with the High ROCK walls would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 feet deep. Don't be fooled by the depth in this part of the river though, There are some pretty nasty and weird currents in this section of water. A little bit of kelter and you just got a full time job pushing up daisys for your mistake. Other sections of the river can be as shallow as 6 inches deep. The worst sections to be in are the pools where the water doesn't seem to move much, This is where you encounter what are know to be called Sleepers, rocks that hide just under the surface waiting for some poor racer to hit it total disaster.

McGary911 "Thanks for letting the motor sing without the music"

Anytime everyone glad you like the vid!

We made a 53 minute DVD OF THE WHOLE SEASON TO BOOT!

Damn that was alot of typing!

Ravencrew
Old 04-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good stuff .....
Old 04-02-2008, 10:52 AM
yss
Registered

Awesome didn't realize it was a closed course.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Registered

Now that is some driving and throttle work
Old 04-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Registered

Just added the second part of this footge; I posted it Haulin' Balls 2
Old 04-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Registered

unbeleivable, i have to try that
Old 04-02-2008, 06:57 PM
SUPER-LITE
Platinum Member

Great video. I live on the Rogue River just off Schroader Park ramp in Grants Pass Ore.,been running this river all my life. My son inlaw builds these race boats along with may others( RiverWild) under the name Liquid Technologies. When was this video taken as I was a sponcer of the races here last summer. Ravencrew are you in the Grants Pass area if so look us up.

Thanks Wayne
Old 04-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rockit man
Great video. I live on the Rogue River just off Schroader Park ramp in Grants Pass Ore.,been running this river all my life. My son inlaw builds these race boats along with may others( RiverWild) under the name Liquid Technologies. When was this video taken as I was a sponcer of the races here last summer. Ravencrew are you in the Grants Pass area if so look us up.

Thanks Wayne
I live in Brookings, I Remember Bob White use to own that shop. He also use to race these boats in a wing version. Dave Provost was helping build those also. This footage is from last year 2007! My in-laws race the #16 Wocket Jesse and lynn LaForest. I shoot the video. We made a 53 minute DVD from last year! I have sold it in 5 different countries!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:08 PM
SUPER-LITE
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ravencrew
I live in Brookings, I Remember Bob White use to own that shop. He also use to race these boats in a wing version. Dave Provost was helping build those also. This footage is from last year 2007! My in-laws race the #16 Wocket Jesse and lynn LaForest. I shoot the video. We made a 53 minute DVD from last year! I have sold it in 5 different countries!

Bob still owns the shop he is my son inlaw. Small world it is !!! He built me the SL44 also. We will be at Havasu for Desert Storm also.
If you ever get up to Coos Bay I also have the Atv rental bussiness at the Myrtlewood Factory we rent out Rhino's RZR's,Can Am atv's, and have direct acess to the dunes there. I will also have a Can Am dealership open there starting May 1,2008 and my sister and brother inlaw have the Can Am dealership in Medford Ore. Stop and say hi to Bob next time you are in Grants Pass.

Thanks Wayne

Quick Reply: Racing through Hell's Canyon @ 115 mph.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.