Racing through Hell's Canyon @ 115 mph. >

Racing through Hell's Canyon @ 115 mph.

Notices

Racing through Hell's Canyon @ 115 mph.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockit man
Bob still owns the shop he is my son inlaw. Small world it is !!! He built me the SL44 also. We will be at Havasu for Desert Storm also.
If you ever get up to Coos Bay I also have the Atv rental bussiness at the Myrtlewood Factory we rent out Rhino's RZR's,Can Am atv's, and have direct acess to the dunes there. I will also have a Can Am dealership open there starting May 1,2008 and my sister and brother inlaw have the Can Am dealership in Medford Ore. Stop and say hi to Bob next time you are in Grants Pass.

Thanks Wayne
I thought you might be related to him. Kind of curious to see what an Offshore aluminum boat looks like. I talked with Lynn My Mother-in-law and she said you guys ran it through Grant's Pass during the Boatnik Parade! She had said that boat was unbeliveable! Send me a PM and I'll send you something you might like from last year!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Registered

DAMN !!!!! That was like a sick video Game !!! Amazing driving, you must really know those waters !!! Great video, ballz out for sure !!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xchoke03
DAMN !!!!! That was like a sick video Game !!! Amazing driving, you must really know those waters !!! Great video, ballz out for sure !!
You ought to see the second part!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXkpytTD3s

Here is an onboard from start to finish through a different course! With a different boat, This one reminds me of a video game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJFlkJMjXTI
Old 04-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a cool video and some great skills in keeping the occupants alive.

I agree with the one post that wanted to know, "who in their right mind would do that?" Not me for sure.

Safety gear ... screw that, one mishap and your helmet and head would be split wide phuckin open.

Be safe and have fun as long as you can.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ravencrew
You ought to see the second part!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXkpytTD3s

Here is an onboard from start to finish through a different course! With a different boat, This one reminds me of a video game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJFlkJMjXTI
Great video, but I wish the microphone was shielded from the wind better - hard to hear the engine at times. This is kind of like Autocross for the water, except double the speed and no cones.

Michael
Old 04-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
Great video, but I wish the microphone was shielded from the wind better - hard to hear the engine at times. This is kind of like Autocross for the water, except double the speed and no cones.

Michael
Yeah we tape the microphone to cut down on the wind, The Haulin' balls video was run only through one chnnel when it was converted. We didn't realize this until after the video was complete. So the sound is only heard on one speaker. Bummer we didn't catch it until it was to late!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered

Great videos. Whitewater jetboating is a blast. I crewed and navigated a couple of races a couple years ago for a friend of mine. He had a Kwik Kiwi hull from New Zealand running a 750 hp fuel injected, Whipple supercharged 502.

We ran at the Salmon River race at Riggins and the Yuba/Feather River race at Marysville California. Both places had an excellent safety staff and law enforcement. Anyone getting on the river without permission was going to jail. We fried a jet pump bearing at the Salmon River race during practice and could not run, then we won the following race at Marysville, California.

The pre-run in a jet sled is very important. With a jet sled, you can stop in the rapids (under power) to look at hidden rocks and obsticles and plan your routes. The sport seems to be dying, as not too many are willing to brave the river and their equipment for very little prize money. We won the Marysville race because the only other unlimited boat DNF'd.

Hopefully, the sport gains in popularity and participation. Increased prize money and popularity couldn't hurt.

Here is a pic of our boat.
Attached Thumbnails Racing through Hell's Canyon @ 115 mph.-quik-kiwi.jpg  
Old 04-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

wow
Old 04-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ravencrew

2. YSS "Is it possible that someone could be coming down the river at the same time?"

Answer to that question would be no The river is closed to all boating and fishing traffic. All spectators are to remain a minimum of 50 feet from the bank of the river. There are numerous counties (Sherrif Boats) involved in this race. Lots of river patrols and saftey personell sweep the river before and after each individual leg of the race from. . start to finish. There are also divers on hand in case they are needed

Ravencrew
Well, that's good to know. I kept waiting for some poor guy in a kayak to show up all of a sudden.

But not for long...
Old 04-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Registered

Holy Chit!!!

Quick Reply: Racing through Hell's Canyon @ 115 mph.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.