Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Eddie Marine forcing dealers to raise prices!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/183692-eddie-marine-forcing-dealers-raise-prices.html)

jeff1000man 04-04-2008 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by tony stamis (Post 2513225)
I do not know about all dealers and manufactures contracts but some will put if in the contracts ask a rolex dealer to give you one at just above cost and see what happen when rolex finds out poof he is not a rolex dealer anymore, all company's are different some give you guidelines on discounts certain % for certain products.

Tony, you get that 509 sold yet?

I scraped the big engine for the time being and am building a nasty little 468 with 8lbs of boost and a really BIG cam.

mrhorsepower1 04-04-2008 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by BobbyB (Post 2513151)
Get off the computer and get my motors done.:D:D:D

I am working on it!!:D

Lofty 04-04-2008 09:22 PM

I know a few marine suppliers will cut you off if you start selling under there price guidelines but not many. However, you won't last too long if you're wrapping a $5 bill around everything you sell, it's a poor business plan. It may work at Burger King but not here.

I try to sell based on the merits of the product and our business not necessarily on price. The folks I deal with seem to prefer knowledge, honesty and integrity over the cheapest parts.

Back on topic; the margins on marine parts are allot narrower than many people know. There isn't enough volume in performance marine parts to get the pricing anywhere near automotive parts.

cuda 04-05-2008 02:56 AM

I mark up what I sell, a flat 10% across the board, and that just basically pays for my time to figure out what I need, but then again, I don't try to make money off the tile, I want to make it on the installation. As I tell people, if I wanted to make money off the tile, I'd be a distributor.

How long do you think I'd last, trying to undersell Dal Tile? Tricks business history will anwer that question.

mrhorsepower1 04-05-2008 07:05 AM

I have heard a ton of great facts here! .....It's not all glamor like people think.

RunninHotRacing163.1 04-05-2008 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1 (Post 2513846)
I have heard a ton of great facts here! .....It's not all glamor like people think.

Hey Dean C'mon now :D Can you define glamor::Dcool-smiley-011:
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steet 04-05-2008 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by tony stamis (Post 2513225)
I do not know about all dealers and manufactures contracts but some will put if in the contracts ask a rolex dealer to give you one at just above cost and see what happen when rolex finds out poof he is not a rolex dealer anymore, all company's are different some give you guidelines on discounts certain % for certain products.

I was told the same thing by our local Rolex dealer, that Rolex spot checks their sells for any discounts and can and will pull their rolex products if they do not follow the preset guidelines.
However, like all businesses, they have ways around that. I have purchased 4 rolexs and not all from them, but the dealer showed a trade in allowance (with no trade-in), and I bought mine substantially below retail. No way for Rolex to stop this business pratice. However, there is a large profit with Rolex, unlike the minimal profits in the marine industry.

mrhorsepower1 04-05-2008 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 (Post 2513865)
Hey Dean C'mon now :D Can you define glamor::Dcool-smiley-011:
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The glamor is when the power plants go out there and win championships, set records, win races, lead poker runs, and make the customer happy!! ......I'll never be a millionaire though.:D:cool-smiley-027:

J-Bonz 04-05-2008 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1 (Post 2513530)
I am working on it!!:D

I Double that...... :)

tony stamis 04-05-2008 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 2513315)
Tony, you get that 509 sold yet?

I scraped the big engine for the time being and am building a nasty little 468 with 8lbs of boost and a really BIG cam.

hey jeff some clown sent me some counterfit checks i marked it sold but i still got it whens that magnum going to hit the water.

tony